Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (no really)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, I am not defending these guys for a second longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

...and Zen maintain their perfect track record of never releasing anything on time, ever. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

It's not surprising but it does once again underline how ****ty it is that Atlus released the first region locked PS3 game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time."

Hopefully the delay is because the game needs more Quality Assurance for an EU release, either that or Zen are just too ambitious with their initial release dates announcements.

Not sure I get the bitching.

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time."

Hopefully the delay is because the game needs more Quality Assurance for an EU release, either that or Zen are just too ambitious with their initial release dates announcements.

Because its the first ever region locked PS3 game? Because we're getting it at the earliest (a Zen united rep confirmed that there is no EU code at this point) two to three months after the rest of the world? Because whatever slim chance the game had of developing any kind of following is going to get smoked because it releases after DOA5,TTT2,JOJO HD,GG HD, etc. ? I mean come on, you dont have to agree with it but you can surely see why people are complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

The game is already finished, it is good, QA is not being done, the delay is because they're adding other languages to the disc for the rest of europe.
    Yeah, I am not defending these guys for a second longer.

Glad to hear it :P

Sieghardt wrote: »
    The game is already finished, it is good, QA is not being done, the delay is because they're adding other languages to the disc for the rest of europe.

Actually one of the guys from Zen United specifically said they are not adding any languages to the EU version, you can see his comments collected on the Persona EU facebook page or the Neogaf thread about this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

EVanB wrote: »
    Because whatever slim chance the game had of developing any kind of following is going to get smoked because it releases after DOA5,TTT2,JOJO HD,GG HD, etc. ? I mean come on, you dont have to agree with it but you can surely see why people are complaining

Nobody is going to play any of those games except TTT2 and I doubt there's much of an overlap between that and Persona.

• Advertisement

EVanB wrote: »
    you can surely see why people are complaining

I always see people complaining. Gamers on the internet are 95% complaining, and they want everything yesterday with bells on.

I'm fairly familiar with the work publishers need to do, and I hope the delays are for good reason.

It would be surprising if there were no languages added for EU though, since it seems like localising a 30 hour story across 5 territories is a good reason for a delay.

Anyone have any official links to what Zen are doing?

I always see people complaining. Gamers on the internet are 95% complaining, and they want everything yesterday with bells on.

I'm fairly familiar with the work publishers need to do, and I hope the delays are for good reason.

It would be surprising if there were no languages added for EU though, since it seems like localising a 30 hour story across 5 territories is a good reason for a delay.

Anyone have any official links to what Zen are doing?

There's a big difference between complaining because your unrealistic expectations arent being met and complaining because a company makes an unprecedented anti-consumer move. Trying to conflate the two smacks of an attempt to trivilise the argument. Atlus (or Index Holdings if you prefer, though theyre the same thing now) released the first ever region locked PS3 game, an unwelcome, anti-consumer precedent set after six or seven years of the system being region free. I find it genuinely confusing that anyone would defend region locking, either explicitly or implicitly - it has exactly zero benefit for the consumer - it is entirely in the publishers favour, allowing them to reap the benefits of globalisation while denying the same to the customer.

Though I do agree about gaming culture on the internet, for people who are supposed to enjoy games the majority of the discussion is releentlessly negative and pointlessly (and unrealistically) critical. Which in turn means legitimate complaints tend to get side-lined or marginalised as they are lost in the noise (or even worse beaten down with a misunderstood buzzword/bodeyman like "entitlement").

The comments about no additional languages are from a Zen employee, while not a press release they are as official as we're likely to get in the interim.

It wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't do it EVERY. SINGLE. BLOODY. TIME. :pac:

While usually as someone who has spent time working with the software dev process I'd agree with you, but not here.

Previously when this has happened- and it happens far, far too much to be acceptable for whatever reason, stop giving unreasonable dates if you can't match them Zen or whoever is responsible- the hardcore had the choice of importing the game to play it within a reasonable period to the rest of the world.

When the ability to do this was removed from the player base of P4A, the player base received a promise it shouldn't affect them as they'd ensure as close to a simultaneous release as possible.

This was, basically, a promise they didn't (couldn't?) keep. They've made the European players into clear third class citizens. The why is pretty irrelevant: if I was a hardcore persona fan and had to watch all those American videos flying round without ever even getting to play it, I'd be very angry. The player base, I would guess, would feel they had been directly lied to in the pursiut of profit.

I was one of the people saying "hey, they got extend out quickly, give them a chance". But they're putting themselves in, I consider, a rather indefensible position.

You can call it a PR problem if you like but at this point, I really don't think you can brush this away as gamers being angry just because they're gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

any updates on the **** release date,
    **** SAKE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Asked in Xtravision but they couldn't find it on their system! :pac:

Gamestop has it coming out on the 26/10/12 though. Long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 glitchpod

any word on the release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Whats P4:pac:

I think at this stage it's safe to say that Zen have successfully murdered yet another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I think at this stage it's safe to say that Zen have successfully murdered yet another game.

Yup

BlazBlue1-1.jpg

My Japanese copy of Blazblue that I imported, 10 months! before the official European release. Would have imported the PS3 version of Persona if it wasn't for the region lock but oh well, way to fail Aksys :pac:

• Advertisement

Most recent news is that this isn't coming out in the EU this year.

The reason given is that the publisher hasn't yet submitted the final master code of the EU build.

"Wow that translation into six languages must really be taking them a long time" I thought.

Since I'm really interested in the behind-the-scenes processes, I went and checked out the P4 EU FAQ and found the following:
    Q: What about other languages?

A: We are not localising into each region’s language – specifically to bring about a faster release.

If they're not even localising anything then I got nothing.

It's just bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Not good news...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Frankly I've lost ALL interest I had in this game. Wont be buying it til it's bargain bin stuff. Chances are P4A EXTEND ANGLE OVERDRIVE will be released in Japan before we get the original anyway.

I'm seriously at a loss for words.

WHAT? HOW? HUH? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I honestly just can't even imagine what's going on with this.

From what I gather, Zen is saying it's not their job to recode the game for Europe, so their hands are tied and it's not their fault - they haven't been given anything to actually publish. Who is the company that is in charge of making the 'EU Master Code' and what could possibly be taking so long if they're not localizing anything?

I know that 'Sony Computers Entertainment America' (SCEA) and 'Sony Computers Entertainment Europe' (SCEE) are completely separate beasts. Pre-Patch Skullgirls on PS3 crashes when a SCEE copy tries to connect to a SCEA copy because of an incompatible net code majigger, so I imagine the company in charge of making this Master Code is doing those sorts of modifications.. but surely that issue alone can't be taking this long?

Either way, as said before, this has pretty much killed P4A in Europe. Chrono Phantasm is too close to release and will likely siphon away most of the P4A players.. though Europe probably won't see that till 2015 anyway :pac:

I've dealt with Zen a little after I won that t-shirt design competition and even that small bit of contact showed they were clearly a sloppy group. I don't like to openly bad mouth people - especially if they're smallish companies like Zen - but that was definitely the opinion I came away with, so I imagine their buttery fingers are involved in the mess on some level!

GGs whoever's to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Sairus wrote: »
    Who is the company that is in charge of making the 'EU Master Code' and what could possibly be taking so long if they're not localizing anything?

I don't know exactly, but Persona is an Atlus IP and they have a proud history of dragging their heels on European releases.

Yeah I was quite hype to try chair dude for the crack and zoney lady looked a lot of fun, but any residual enthusiasm I had for this game is long, long gone.

You know, with my recent experiences with my vids getting claimed by namco, and the state of the handling of this, for all the slagging they get Capcom look mighty good right now, with their 2 completely free rebalances in the last year and the whole SF25 thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Fort those of you lucky enough to have a debug PS3,

Persona_2.jpg

Go into Region Settings and Fake other Region

Persona_1.jpg

Set your fake region to North America or Japan, depending on the region of your game.

Persona_3.jpg

Insert disc

Persona_4.jpg

Profit :pac:

Not sure it's cool to post that kind of stuff here.

Just out of curiousity, are you running an import copy of the game on a modified-to-be-regionless PS3, or are you running a straight up ROM?

• Advertisement

Not sure it's cool to post that kind of stuff here.

Just out of curiousity, are you running an import copy of the game on a modified-to-be-regionless PS3, or are you running a straight up ROM?
    those of you lucky enough to have a debug PS3

From that I take he's running a development machine, which should be perfectly legal but I'm not sure about having them for personal use.

Advertisement