Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

patio slabs stained by jointing slurry

• 22-07-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I Just had a very expensive mint sandstone patio laid, and to my utter dismay the slurry (the most expensive, and best I was told), has stained the slabs. Attached is a photo as an example. It seems to be just a stain as opposed to residue. I have attempted scrubbing but to no avail. It is worth noting that it seems to be just one section that is affected, and the same guy did the whole patio, so I am thinking that this might be an issue with a specific bucket of the slurry mix. Wondering if anyone has seen anything like it. Should I be going back to the supplier to figure out how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Pic is missing???

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

red sean wrote: »
    Pic is missing???
    Sorry. Just added now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

interesting, do you have more pics, say the unaffected area and the whole thing,

its hard to judge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Slabs laid upside down as well. ;)

Slabs laid upside down as well. ;)

ah come on,

shouldn't we see the whole thing before we judge it ;)

• Advertisement

more affected areas

unaffected

The whole job. Problem area is the 1/3 of the patio closest to the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How long is it laid?
    If it still looks that way after a week or so then you could always wirebrush the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

The whole job. Problem area is the 1/3 of the patio closest to the door

Think it's the residue in the rompox. Should fade. Nice work done in my opinion

• Advertisement

Think it's the residue in the rompox. Should fade. Nice work done in my opinion

sorry can't help you with the stains,

however the whole job looks well done

CJhaughey wrote: »
    How long is it laid?
    If it still looks that way after a week or so then you could always wirebrush the area.
    Down nearly 3 weeks now

In terms of level, pattern, drainage, and detail, I'm actually quite happy. It's just that staining.. Thanks anyway folks

Down nearly 3 weeks now

In terms of level, pattern, drainage, and detail, I'm actually quite happy. It's just that staining.. Thanks anyway folks

to be honest you can mention it to the mason,

he will have seen similar before,

he obviously takes pride in his work and i'm sure he'll want you to be 100% happy with it,:)

Advertisement