Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant documentation

Options
  • 22-07-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Question on behalf of a friend, does Susi ask for proof of social welfare or one parent family when you put this down as your income? And do they have access to information regarding past education such as fetac courses, or do they rely on the information provided on the application? I know some one who did not get the grant because she put down on the application that she had previously done a fetac course and did not complete it and they said they would not have known about this if she had not disclosed it?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

Proof of income from SW will be required yes, SW will issue a statement of income upon request but it gets posted and can take ages so get stuck into that now. SUSI works on funding courses that are a progression of what you have already done, so you have to be moving up a level, but if the course has not been completed then technically you don't have that level of qualification and it should not be included on your form....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Caffrey82

Thanks BigCob... For my own application they did not ask for my proof of SW. But good to know that they can ask for it. With regards to the prev education, do they have access to information as to whether you have previous fetac levels? Or do they rely on these facts being disclosed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Caffrey82 wrote: »
    Thanks BigCob... For my own application they did not ask for my proof of SW. But good to know that they can ask for it. With regards to the prev education, do they have access to information as to whether you have previous fetac levels? Or do they rely on these facts being disclosed?

They can/will check.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

AFAIK they have no access to it, try as they might these institutions have not interlinked their computer systems yet. I know for my own application I had to provide a SW statement for both myself and my mother, but that depends on the type of application she is making, if it is under her own steam then just her own statement, if it is under someone elses (where she is living in the parental home or such) then it will be her parents.

Advertisement