Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card payments

Options
  • 07-10-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I was looking at using paypal for online payments for a website , but I have customers who would call me with their credit card details to process as a mail order / customer not present , I used to have a swipe card machine a few years ago for this but having trouble getting one now .

Is their any where I can process these payments online or even if I can get some sort of terminal that will not need a merchant id as having trouble getting a new merchant id from the banks

Thanks
    Nige

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Why not use the PayPal UI as your swipe card machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

cormee wrote: »
    Why not use the PayPal UI as your swipe card machine?

There's Stripe too..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nige

Thanks for the replies I looked at this https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/virtual-terminal

but was told not available in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rosepetal_irl

Try elavon.com mobile merchant.

they have a chip & pin terminal that you use with your mobile or online. We use it in our retail shop, out on deliveries and cardholder not present on the phone. They give you a merchant id.Its 10e per month ( €25e for machine once off) 25c per credit card transaction or 1.25% per debit card.
    Not sure if you have a company bank account or company reg number but im sure if you ask they can guide you in the right direction. For what you can provide.
    We find it perfect for us and it was a nightmare trying to get merchant services through banks. We had this set-up in 5 days.
    Hope this helps

Advertisement