Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecommerce site (dropshipping)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

why dont you try wordpress you can easily setup a wordpress ecommerce site with a theme and plugin (woocommerce for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Luke P wrote: »
    I also looked at this http://www.shopify.com/pricing but I noticed some of you were saying you had your sites set up for like $60 a year!

Would anyone give me any advice? I also have no clue about the payment etc, i.e do I just set up WorldPay and a business bank account and enter the details into the website system or something?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

If you've never set up a website before, just go with a service like Shopify. You can test the market before you spend a ton of time or money setting up your own site. If the customers aren't out there, you'll save money finding out. If they are, the cost will stop being an issue quite soon. It's a bit like the difference between a business renting it's equipment in it's first year or buying it.

The $60 people are talking about is most likely the cost of hosting an installed e-commerce system. It doesn't include the time it takes to set it up, or the price of paying someone to do it for you.

Advertisement