Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why bother not drinking ?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I have never been what you would consider to be a 'Drinker'. I was a pioneer for years and after college was partial to a few beers the odd weekend for special occasions. Over the past few weeks I have been questioning why I bother taking an odd social drink? Is it worth it? etc.Last weekend I attended a party in a hotel. I had made the decision that I would be abstaining from alcohol. As the night progressed I said id venture to the bar for a mineral, I also needed to get a vodka and 7up for a friend. I ordered both drinks without much thought. When it came to paying, the bartender said that's €4.80 for the mineral and €4.00 for the vodka.

It was 80c more expensive to be a sober designated driver. How can this be right? Why are there no incentives for drivers or those that simply choose not to drink?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement