Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Gold Circle - Etihad

Options
  • 15-10-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi All,

Friend has a Bank of Ireland Gold Circle Card for Aer Lingus. We are travelling to Abu Dhabi with Etihad. Just wondering if this card will allow us access to the lounge?
    Someone mentioned to me that Aer Lingus & Etihad have a partnership that would allow us to use the lounge?

Appreciate any responses as cannot find any definitive answer online.

Rgds,
    Volvic12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Yes you should be able to use the lounge as far as i know if you have a gold card with any of Etihads partner airlines then you can use their lounges wordlwide,here is a review of the lounge and this person used an Air Berlin gold card to get in and Etihad own a large stake in that airline. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/220575/1/#1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Nope. Nada. No reciprocal agreement between the two. Sorry OP.

I'd love to get into EI lounge on my EY card, but the EY lounge is much better and it's great that it's quiet. Reciprocality would suck for those with EY cards because the EY lounge would turn into a zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

ballooba wrote: »
    Nope. Nada. No reciprocal agreement between the two. Sorry OP.

I'd love to get into EI lounge on my EY card, but the EY lounge is much better and it's great that it's quiet. Reciprocality would suck for those with EY cards because the EY lounge would turn into a zoo.

Yes but the OP is flying with Etihad so i would imagine its a different situation to say flying with Aer Lingus to London.

Yes but the OP is flying with Etihad so i would imagine its a different situation to say flying with Aer Lingus to London.
    Have a look at the Aer Lingus website. There is no Etihad lounge access. This is because there is no such agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

ballooba wrote: »
    Have a look at the Aer Lingus website. There is no Etihad lounge access. This is because there is no such agreement.

But would we be able to use the Aer Lingus Lounge in Dublin given that we have the Gold Circle card albeit flying with Etihad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

They have a code sharing agreement, so give it a go and see how you get on.

Dublin should be no problem alright.

Volvic12 wrote: »
    But would we be able to use the Aer Lingus Lounge in Dublin given that we have the Gold Circle card albeit flying with Etihad?
    I doubt it, unless you booked through Aer Lingus on an EI flight number. Maybe in Ireland, the land of nods and winks you'll get away with it, but it certainly wouldn't be policy of either airline as there is no such agreement in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Thanks for all the responses!
    Guess I'm out of luck on this one unless I chance my arm and am lucky!

Rgds,
    Volvic12

Advertisement