Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Ryanair cabin baggage

Options
  • 08-10-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a quick question about the cabin allowance on Ryanair, it’s years since I have travelled with them and I can’t remember the drill. We are going to Krakow in December and we were planning to bring two of these bags as cabin baggage

http://www.trippluggage.ie/products/2053-tripp-superlite-iii-holdall-grape#prodtabs

The Ryanair allowance is 55x40x20 and the bags I am planning to bring are 44x27x24, so the width and height are no problem, it’s just the depth that is the issue. There is a cardboard base in the case that can be removed so the depth could be ‘squished’ up a bit, but I am wondering what the deal is when placing the case in the measuring device, are you allowed squish the bag in a bit, or does it have to slide in and out easily?

I have other cabin luggage I could use, but I find that bag great as it holds loads and is nice and small. Obviously don’t want to be hit with checked baggage charges though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

If it fits without excessive force you should be fine. A little shove to get it in. But it is 20% bigger than the allowance along that side so I would be a little nervous myself. If you are packing it right to capacity then you might be best using one of the other bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

That seems fine to me, I travel with a bag around that size (couldn't be sure of exact dimensions, might actually be marginally bigger) all the time on Ryanair, often stuffed beyond it's intended capacity, and it's never been a problem, as long as you can stuff it into their checker thing you'll be grand. Only once was I asked to put it in the metal frame (as was literally everyone on the flight), coming back from a week in Portugal so it was very full, had to fight a bit to get it in but went in fine.

In my experience that bag doesn't look big enough that it's even likely to be checked (although harder to judge when your looking at a stock image), I'd give it a go personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

grimm2005 wrote: »
    In my experience that bag doesn't look big enough that it's even likely to be checked (although harder to judge when your looking at a stock image), I'd give it a go personally.
    That was my thinking, it's actually a very neat sized bag, looks so much smaller than a wheeled cabin bag (it is much smaller except for being a bit fatter) and it definitely won't be full to capacity so we should be able to fit it in the cage (with a bit of a shove!). I actually only have one of the wheeled cabin bags, so would have to try and borrow one. I think i'll just take the chance with the bag I linked to and hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Should be grand - looks much smaller than the bag I had at exactly the Ryanair dimensions!!

Advertisement