Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail - charge phone on train?

Options
  • 30-09-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

it will be my first time using Irish Rail in about 30 years so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to these things :o

Does every seat/carriage have wall sockets where I could charge a phone if needs be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

On the 22k's (intercity on all routes except Cork) yes.

On the Mk IV's (almost all intercity services to Cork) only Premier class.

On the DD90's (Belfast) only in First Plus.

On any other train, No.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It depends on the route you're taking. Commuter trains don't. The MK4 carriages (Dublin-Cork at certain times) don't. The Enterprise doesn't. However, every other route (apart from the WRC) does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Some trains only have sockets at either end of the carriage and not at all seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    It depends on the route you're taking. Commuter trains don't. The MK4 carriages (Dublin-Cork at certain times) don't. The Enterprise doesn't. However, every other route (apart from the WRC) does.

I did see plug sockets on a Maynooth commuter train recently so some do have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Most commuter trains have them at either end of the carriages, when there isn't a stinky toilet in the way....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

I travel cork-Dublin a bit, if you book the last seat at the front / back of carriage then there is usually a socket behind the seat. It's a little awkward but there if needed.

Advertisement