Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Display Problem

• 13-10-2014 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Can anyone please suggest how can I get my Blaupunkt car radio to display the stations and CD tracks.

Presets are working and CD will play but no display for CD track or Radio stations.

This radio is not the removable type in a 06 Suzuki Ignis and was working perfectly until recently. Now the radio and CD player work but will not display any information.

The top part of the display is still working normally and shows Time, Temperature & Fuel usage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

The radio would be removable, probably a case of removing/unclipping a piece of surround facia. Once you have the radio out, check the security of the connector (especially give the orange wire a wigglle, assuming it has a standard ISO connector). This powers your radio's illumination and dimming circuit. Check for 12 V supply there. If all is well, it will most likely be an internal fault in radio. A radio will set you back less than E50 including fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't the radio and display on these separate

My bad, you are correct colm_mcm. Start with checking fuses I suppose if the display suddenly stopped working as opposed to failing gradually. OP can you post up a pic of the faulty unit. Could be the bulbs for the backlight in the display?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Rollercoaster

Thanks for your replies. I have taken a photo of the radio and display. The radios station / CD track should display below the digital clock when the radio is on and the display in the photo is the display when the radio is off.
    However the radio was on while these photos were taken so the channel / frequency should be displayed.

I would pull the lcd unit and check the wiring for security. If you could find another car with the same design (and a fully functioning display), might be a quick way to test if it is wiring or internal to the screen, in which case you're looking at a replacement display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Thanks for your replies. I have taken a photo of the radio and display. The radios station / CD track should display below the digital clock when the radio is on and the display in the photo is the display when the radio is off.
    However the radio was on while these photos were taken so the channel / frequency should be displayed.

Most likely the fault is in your radio and not in the display. Has the radio been recently removed from the console ?

Most likely the fault is in your radio and not in the display. Has the radio been recently removed from the console ?

The radio has never been removed from the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

The radio has never been removed from the console.

Fault is in the radio. Ask at your local garage as to where they get their radios repaired.

Thanks your advice. Today I got into the car and the radio worked perfectly. Display for stations and CD tracks all ok.
    However when changing pre-set channels on the radio the display was a few seconds behind the new station.

Do you think this likely to be a loose connection or an actual fault in the radio?

Advertisement