Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Carrick on Shannon

Options
  • 18-11-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I need to travel cork to carrick on shannon., I would prefer to bus it if at all possible. Is there any bus service that does this route direct?

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No direct service.

Use www.a-b.ie (the NTA Journey planner) to get the best options.

Put in exact locations.

You will probably find that the easiest option is one bus to Dublin and another to Carrick-on-Shannon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Alan
    I would say it would take an age if you go that way, probably Limerick, Galway then maybe via Mayo.
    Or Cork to Athlone.
    I would nearly take an express to Dublin and ask over on the Leitrim forum about a bus from Dublin. There maybe express buses both public and private.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the Cork Athlone direct bus is gone since 2010 aparantly.
    With the regular and comfortable connections via Limerick/Galway or Dublin you can still reach your destination in the same time as before which was unbelievably slow, and still had an hours wait in Athlone in the coldest train station imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭allycavs

wow guys thanks for very quick replies. looks like less than a 4 hour journey if i drive so i may do that instead.would have preferred a bus(s) if it didnt involve travelling far much out of the way for connections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Copyerselveson

Would it be worth getting a train to Dublin then a train to Carrick? The Cork train arrives at Heuston and the Sligo trains go from Connolly but there's the Luas tram or the 90 bus between the two stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,272 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would it be worth getting a train to Dublin then a train to Carrick? The Cork train arrives at Heuston and the Sligo trains go from Connolly but there's the Luas tram or the 90 bus between the two stations.

Many bus-train connections can be done at Heuston, while others can be done at Busáras-Connolly.

Advertisement