Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

adidas.ie Sale

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Decent sale on www.adidas.ie if you register.

After you set up your email address and password, on the Men (or Women) tab select Private Sale-Backstage.

Lots of Running shoes and gear at up to 70% off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Cheers for the heads-up!

That is ridiculously cheap, just got 2 pairs of Adios 2 for 30quid a pair. If I hadn't bought so many pairs of runners recently I'd be buying a crazy amount.

Free shipping until the 1st of December aswell, well worth a look for anyone on the lookout for a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fat Nav

Many thanks OP
    Just got 5 pairs of runners for the price of 1 pair in a shop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Cheers picked up a few stocking fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Never having had a pair of Adidas shoes, can anyone recommend a pair that would be similar to Brooks Green Silence/Saucony Kinvara ?

PaulieC wrote: »
    Never having had a pair of Adidas shoes, can anyone recommend a pair that would be similar to Brooks Green Silence/Saucony Kinvara ?

A pair of Adipures accidentally found their way into my basket (I've no idea how that happened ;)) they wouldn't be a million miles away and worst case I've bought a pair of slippers for €28

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Some good deals. Cheers OP.

Anyone any ideas of which Adidas would be similar to Asics DS trainer?

Google suggests Adizero tempo although others suggest the Boston shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Thanks OP

I went a bit mad there and spent €130. Free delivery is a nice touch.

A pair of adipure trainers was my most eccentric purchas. €24 can't go wrong!:D

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Some good deals. Cheers OP.

Anyone any ideas of which Adidas would be similar to Asics DS trainer?

Google suggests Adizero tempo although others suggest the Boston shoe.

Tempos are a bit stiff imo, probably the Boston or the Ace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Did my marathon in DS trainers 17's, and they are nice and soft.

I use Adizero Boston 2 (lovely orange ones) for day to day wear, and then are a good deal harder compound that the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Thanks OP. Some sale. Going to test run a light weight/racing shoe. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of the Adios 2.Very light and I've used them for up as far as half marathon distance with no bother.

They're a steal for 30 euro, I couldn't find them for less than 60 or 70 when I was looking for a new pair of racing flats about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

what is adidas sizing like ? Do they run small or large ? Or spot on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

My experience is that they are narrower than say, Asics etc. I am open to correction. Will go for 11.5 instead of 11 myself but it's a personal thing maybe.

Adidas tend to run a little smaller vs US brands.
    Adi's sz 10 = 44 2/3, whereas Brooks, Nike and Saucony = 45.
    They also tend run a little narrow, which is fine if you're a narrow fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Technique

Glad to see that my link saved some of you a bit of money. I'm looking for a bit of advice myself now.

I supinate slightly, so I need running shoes with a good flexible forefoot to allow my foot to roll in. I also need a slight heel lift with good cushioning. I currently wear Brooks Glycerin 9 which I like but I'm due for a change soon. The new Glycerins are around €130 which is a bit steep for me at the moment. Which of the adidas running shoes should be suitable? The Response seem to be the ones, but they seem a bit large and boxy (which I suppose goes with the territory).

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

picked up a couple of pairs of Gazelles myself and some bits for the OH. Thanks OP!

Regarding your question I think you're thinking along the right line, but they aren't the prettiest when compared to the adipure and adizero stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't have my size in the shoes I want :(

€30 for Bostons and Adios :(

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

It seems most of the shoes are gone, at least in the popular sizes. I had the Bostons in the basket yesterday but were gone by the time I got to the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Got me a pair of bostons (i have had about 8 pairs up to now), OH a pair and the young fella + couple of jackets + tights. Thanks OP :)

roro2 wrote: »
    It seems most of the shoes are gone, at least in the popular sizes. I had the Bostons in the basket yesterday but were gone by the time I got to the checkout.

Discounted on Start with an extra 10% off using SAVER10 in the checkout. Free UK delivery (€3.50 through parcel motel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rashers23

Christmas morning present opening glee when the delivery arrived. Got a great haul of cheap gear! Thanks OP! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Thanks OP

My items arrived today and I'm really delighted with them. Unfortunately a hoody I bought is too big but the beauty is I can send it back for free for a full refund! UPS are coming in the morning to collect it.

Free delivery and free returns....if only all online shopping was like this!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Technique

Sale is back on folks, follow the instructions that I gave in my original post.

Free delivery again, and another 30% off with the discount code ADI543 (for today only).

Not as much running stuff this time (we must have cleared them out :D), but plenty of decent kids stuff for Christmas - football jerseys for €15, thats €10.50 delivered with the discount code.

Another sale running on the adidas site.

Have 2 pairs that haven't been taken out of the box since November and I'm still tempted!

not that I really need them I ordered a pair of adios adizero 2. €55 delivered. payment process was a bit annoying as couldn't seem to get it to work with a delivery address different from my billing address. had to get them sent to the billing address in the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

splurged on these after some post purchasing research I think they may be too narrow for me! o well! they've a decent return policy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

glasso wrote: »
    not that I really need them I ordered a pair of adios adizero 2. €55 delivered. payment process was a bit annoying as couldn't seem to get it to work with a delivery address different from my billing address. had to get them sent to the billing address in the end....

That's strange, I had no problem with different billing address. What I found a bit weird was on the billing address it also gives IE as the country, which mine ain't. I can understand they only want Irish delivery addresses but credit card shouldn't matter. Anyway, it went through without a hitch. Delivery to the folks gaff. I'll have to go home and visit now! At least there'll be a lovely pair of Adios 2's waiting for me.

Btw, you got ripped off. Mine only cost 54.95!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 running_away

Has anyone tried the Kanadia? Tempted but reading that they are quite small fitting... Anyone any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

splurged on these after some post purchasing research I think they may be too narrow for me! o well! they've a decent return policy :)

Picked up a pair myself. Unusually for me it was based on no research. But at €52 it was hard to pass up. They've already left the building according to the mail I've just got, so I'll report back. In the meantime, anyone with any experience of these (sonic boost) I'd love to hear it.

Ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

wrstan wrote: »
    Picked up a pair myself. Unusually for me it was based on no research. But at €52 it was hard to pass up. They've already left the building according to the mail I've just got, so I'll report back. In the meantime, anyone with any experience of these (sonic boost) I'd love to hear it.

Ta

Got me a pair of these too.

Many thanks to the OP

Advertisement