Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nisan Tino CD player not working

Options
  • 05-10-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,
    Have Nissan Tino 1.8 petrol 2005. The CD (which is integrated) does not work – there is a CD in the charger and it will play, but it cannot be ejected. Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions? Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So the problem it not that it's not working? The problem is that it doesn't eject the CD?
    Does display say "disc error"?
    Is it a real CD or one you burned yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rajvosa2000

biko wrote: »
    So the problem it not that it's not working? The problem is that it doesn't eject the CD?
    Does display say "disc error"?
    Is it a real CD or one you burned yourself?

You are correct - it is working, but not ejecting. It is an original CD. When I try to eject the CD,, there is no error code, the CD player switches to radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

You are correct - it is working, but not ejecting. It is an original CD. When I try to eject the CD,, there is no error code, the CD player switches to radio.

Is this a single play or 6 cd unit ?

Is this a single play or 6 cd unit ?

Single

Single

If you hear a mechanical clicking noise when eject button is pressed then , your cd is repairable. Actually most faults in single cd units are repairable.

• Advertisement

If you hear a mechanical clicking noise when eject button is pressed then , your cd is repairable. Actually most faults in single cd units are repairable.

Thank you very much. Yes, it is mechanical noise. I am just wondering how much would it cost to fix it? Anything above 50 euro - not worth it.

Thank you very much. Yes, it is mechanical noise. I am just wondering how much would it cost to fix it? Anything above 50 euro - not worth it.

These radios are not interchangeable from one Nissan to another. If you source a replacement then it will have to be programmed to suit your car ..at a cost. If you decide to replace radio altogether then you have additional cost of adaptor leads and fitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Iamthemanwork would be the expert here, but my own 2c is- you may be able to retrieve the cd and possibly restore cd functionality by cutting power to the radio, either by getting at the back of it and pulling the power connector or disconnecting the battery.
    Sometimes it works. But even if it does behave afterwards it will give up sooner or later.

What worked for a previous cd changer I had was a good decent thump to the side of the dash while you press eject...

Hi, thank you very much for the suggestion. I had to change a battery few weeks ago so the power was cut off, but the CD is still not working. “Decent thump” unfortunately didn’t work Thank you for taking time to post your message.

Hi, thank you very much for the suggestion. I had to change a battery few weeks ago so the power was cut off, but the CD is still not working. “Decent thump” unfortunately didn’t work Thank you for taking time to post your message.

You will do more damage than good by hitting the side of the unit , you will probably damage the laser efm. Get the unit repaired .

• Advertisement
Advertisement