Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any thoughts on these dealerships? Caseys, Castlebar or Tony Hogan, Kill

Options
  • 31-03-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,101 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts, experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Was at Caseys in Castlebar before, seem like a nice crowd, very helpful when we were looking at cars. They are ex-ford dealers, so I'd be thinking that they are fairly straight. The majority of cars are imports, they claimed to import a full lorry load of cars per week... don't know about that one. They are still a fairly new company, not long after re-opening since loosing the dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chocchip1989

Was at Caseys in Castlebar before, seem like a nice crowd, very helpful when we were looking at cars. They are ex-ford dealers, so I'd be thinking that they are fairly straight. The majority of cars are imports, they claimed to import a full lorry load of cars per week... don't know about that one. They are still a fairly new company, not long after re-opening since loosing the dealership.

Thinking of using this garage to source a car for me. Do you know if they are a member of SIMI Are they a good garage to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Being a member of the S.I.M.I. has no bearing on whether a dealer is reputable or not.

Thinking of using this garage to source a car for me. Do you know if they are a member of SIMI Are they a good garage to deal with?

Didn't buy off them myself, but they offered to source a car for me, said something like a lorry load comes every week or two, can't exactly remember. They were SIMI dealers, but since loosing the dealership, I'm not sure if that was lost too. Seeing as they were main dealers, I'm assuming that they are a genuine crowd, but as I said, I've never dealt as such with the crowd, so can't comment on sales/aftersales/financing etc...

Ok. I was just wondering if they were a good crowd to deal with. I live down the other end of the country - so don't know much about the garage.

• Advertisement

Ok. I was just wondering if they were a good crowd to deal with. I live down the other end of the country - so don't know much about the garage.

The vast majority of dealers will import a car for you, any reason why you are going far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use a local dealer instead. If you have any issues it will save you driving across country for them to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

biko wrote: »
    Use a local dealer instead. If you have any issues it will save you driving across country for them to have a look.
    This 100% especially as car problems tend to limit how far you can go.

Also, SIMI looks after the garages, not the consumer.

The particular type of car I want is hard to come by (bit like hens teeth - none). Limited edition made in colour I want and seem to be only available in the UK. Yep....I would prefer to buy something in my own area. Will have to go back to the drawing board. Thanks folks.

Tell us what you are looking for, maybe someone can help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The particular type of car I want is hard to come by (bit like hens teeth - none). Limited edition made in colour I want and seem to be only available in the UK. Yep....I would prefer to buy something in my own area. Will have to go back to the drawing board. Thanks folks.

How rare are we talking? Saab 9-3 Viggen rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If you have a very specific enquiry, I can swing by Casey's and have a look for you. PM me. If it's more of a general inspection, I'm not the guy for the job. (No warranty implied or assumed ;))

Thanks all. Lol.Not a saab or viggen - a white 320D BMW sport 2011. Its not that rare but Ive been looking and they are like hens teeth - in that year and colour. Ive checked Caseys stock and they don't have anything in.However, Im thinking off just getting the car locally but in a different colour.

Trojan wrote: »
    If you have a very specific enquiry, I can swing by Casey's and have a look for you. PM me. If it's more of a general inspection, I'm not the guy for the job. (No warranty implied or assumed ;))

Thanks Trojan....Ive checked and also phoned.

Advertisement