Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 2 - timing belt or chain?

Options
  • 20-09-2014 1:10am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going to view a 2003 mazda 2 tomorrow so was doing some on-line research and came across references to it having a timing chain not belt.

Can anyone confirm which one it has or how we can tell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 raynor11111

mine Mazda 2 from 03 has timing belt.
    Just and see for yourself, there is easy access so you don't need disassemble half of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What engine is it as there were a few different ones, 1.25, 1.4 or 1.5 litre? Some of them were from the Ford Fiesta which was it's sister car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

bazz26 wrote: »
    What engine is it as there were a few different ones, 1.25, 1.4 or 1.5 litre? Some of them were from the Ford Fiesta which was it's sister car.

Ad says 1.2.

Haven't seen car yet but paranoid about timing belts as one breaking in my scenic is the reason I am in need of a new car. I was going some on-line reading an a few sites said the mazda 2 has a chain.... I should be so lucky...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It appears the European made Mazda 2 - Ford engine - has a timing belt but the Japanese version has a timing chain.

Advertisement