Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a new car

Options
  • 20-08-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Open to anything really as i have 5 years no claims and a full license (im 28) around the 9 grand mark+ 1 grand or so ill get for my 02 Octavia.

Was leaning towards a Gold Tdi but i dunno atm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Drive everything and see if anything clicks. The golf will be very familiar anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Yea im not after mad speed or anything just something comfortable and decent looking (not french)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Golf should fit the bill then I suppose

As should a seat Leon if you wanna stay in the vw family

Youd get a focus with the cheap 08 tax within budget too

Yea i considered the tax thing and my auld fella is mad for me to get a 08 Avensis diesel (urgh) and yea the Leon is nice but they ruined it's looks last facelift

But if anyone bored at any stage can link a good deal while browsing that would be great thanks im off to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

bazz26 wrote: »

Haven't yet driven one of these but have heard great reports from them and they appear to be selling quite well. Extended warranty (7 yrs ?) is obviously a huge attraction. Big competitor for the Golf and looks quite like the big selling Focus :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Yea i considered the tax thing and my auld fella is mad for me to get a 08 Avensis diesel (urgh) and yea the Leon is nice but they ruined it's looks last facelift

But if anyone bored at any stage can link a good deal while browsing that would be great thanks im off to bed

Remember, at the end of the day, YOU'LL be driving it, not him. Buy for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Fiat Bravo should also be considered. Yes you will get the Fix It Again Tomorrow jokes but to be honest, it seems like a good car and it is stylish!

Here's a Parker's review.

They are very cheap and the 1.4 T-Jet petrol engine outputs 150 bhp. Not bad at all for a 1.4 engine :)

Here's the various engine models and performance data.

Advertisement