Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refresh on current Accounting standards

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am on a career break at the moment , out four years and currently looking for a job.

I need to do a refresh on current accounting standards. Does anyone know of any courses in the Dublin area.

Im looking for a complete list of UK GAAP, IFRS and the differences between them.

Appreciate any pointers, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Whoisin thehouse

Have a look at the ACCA DipIFR being run at Independent Colleges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

look at www.omnipro.ie
    they have online cpd which may have what you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gard1

edel22 wrote: »
    Hi

I am on a career break at the moment , out four years and currently looking for a job.

I need to do a refresh on current accounting standards. Does anyone know of any courses in the Dublin area.

Im looking for a complete list of UK GAAP, IFRS and the differences between them.

Appreciate any pointers, thanks

Hi Edel

As far as im aware there is a complete overhaul being completed at the moment for Accounting standards making the existing ones redundant.

Was on a course myself and heard that mentioned but didn't investigate it further

No point in doing a course when it could be irrelevant in 12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Gard1 wrote: »
    Hi Edel

As far as im aware there is a complete overhaul being completed at the moment for Accounting standards making the existing ones redundant.

Was on a course myself and heard that mentioned but didn't investigate it further

No point in doing a course when it could be irrelevant in 12 months!

Yeah, FRS102 is coming into play for accounting periods after 1st Jan 2015. There's lots of courses flying round for the transition.

Advertisement