Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Letter from Dept. of Transport

Options
  • 23-08-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Got a call off the folks there, a letter arrived from the Dept. of Transport for me (that's where my car is registered to) today.

Anyways, the only thing I can think of is that it's a speeding* fine... anything less crap that it could be? Such as a tax reminder or anything?

The letter is on the way up to Dublin so no way to check before it gets here.

*Just for the record, my form of speeding is 110km/h in a 100km/h zone, so I'm not a complete lunatic or anything :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Do you have any penalty points due to come off?

Got a similar scare one day, but it turned out just to be a letter telling me two previous points were now removed. Came about a month after they should have been removed, so wasn't expecting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Well if you are asking us to guess, and your tax is in order, I'd say speeding ticket. Now all you have to guess is for how much and how many points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Tax renewal form?

My penalty points sheets have been marked from RSA, not Dept. of Trans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

whyulittle wrote: »
    Do you have any penalty points due to come off?

Got a similar scare one day, but it turned out just to be a letter telling me two previous points were now removed. Came about a month after they should have been removed, so wasn't expecting it.

Nope no penalty points, so it's not that anyways :/
    Well if you are asking us to guess, and your tax is in order, I'd say speeding ticket. Now all you have to guess is for how much and how many points!

My tax is paid up, but I think renewal is coming up in a month or two.
    ottostreet wrote: »
    Tax renewal form?

My penalty points sheets have been marked from RSA, not Dept. of Trans.

Hope you're right! My mother said Dept of Transport but she well have been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Rein-in

Is your driving licence due for renewal? I got one of those reminders last week.

Which reminds me.......must fill it in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Right - so you got a letter in the post and you want us to guess what might be in it?

Seeing as you're a big enough boy not to be living at home surely you can ask your parents to open it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Maybe ask your folks to open it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭magunkey

It's an invite to their birthday party. It's on Saturday at 2.00pm. Dress casual and bring a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

if its from dep of transport and your tax is in order they may have been informed that the address / vehicle owners address are wrong maybe recent garda checkpoint or something anyway should be easy enough fix but may null / void insurance policy, something similiar happened a friend of mine, got a fine for driving with no insurance, and 85 euro to dep of transport for sending letter out, unl

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Perhaps if you're vehicle was registered to its hone address you wouldn't be wondering. :D

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Right - so you got a letter in the post and you want us to guess what might be in it?

Seeing as you're a big enough boy not to be living at home surely you can ask your parents to open it for you?

Seeing as how you're a big enough boy yourself to access the internet, you might learn how to read things:
    ... The letter is on the way up to Dublin so no way to check before it gets here...

Then again, seeing as your name means 1975 (MCMLXXV), the old eyesight night need checking at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

magunkey wrote: »
    It's an invite to their birthday party. It's on Saturday at 2.00pm. Dress casual and bring a bottle.

No it's fancy dress and bring 2 bottles and some cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The suspense is killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hey all.

Got a call off the folks there, a letter arrived from the Dept. of Transport for me (that's where my car is registered to) today.

Anyways, the only thing I can think of is that it's a speeding* fine... anything less crap that it could be? Such as a tax reminder or anything?

Did you trade in a car recently, or have one off the road a while ?
    I traded in a car, which hasn't been sold by the dealer yet so it's technically in my name. So the motor tax office sent me a "final reminder" about tax on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The suspense is killing me

I'm staying up all night wearing out the F5 key to be the first to read the good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

[CHANTS]...speeding fine...speeding fine...speeding fine...[/CHANTS]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I bet it's a Motor tax refund because they just felt you paid too much

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Seeing as how you're a big enough boy yourself to access the internet, you might learn how to read things:

Then again, seeing as your name means 1975 (MCMLXXV), the old eyesight night need checking at this stage :P

It's still a ridiculuos question - like you, all any of us can do is guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hey all.

The letter is on the way up to Dublin so no way to check before it gets here.

*Just for the record, my form of speeding is 110km/h in a 100km/h zone, so I'm not a complete lunatic or anything :)

Somebody put him out of his misery.

If it's from Shannon then your TAX is up and it's your renewal.

If it's Thurles then welcome to the Penalty Points club. (I'm not a member myself)

Go out and look at your motor, if you TAX expires the end of next month then happy Taxing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Mystic-Meg-001.jpg

Meg says...you have been invited to the Ambassador's Ball, it's a black tie affair and bring some Ferrero Rocher!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MugMugs wrote: »
    Somebody put him out of his misery.

If it's from Shannon then your TAX is up and it's your renewal.

If it's Thurles then welcome to the Penalty Points club. (I'm not a member myself)

Go out and look at your motor, if you TAX expires the end of next month then happy Taxing.

Tax is from the Dept of enviroment. Unless the OP is a Haulage contractor the Dept of transport have no business writing to him.

If he was that bothered about it he would have had the letter open..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mystic-Meg-001.jpg

Meg says...you have been invited to the Ambassador's Ball, it's a black tie affair and bring some Ferrero Rocher!:D
    mif602.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The letter will tell you that your car is a ' ringer ' and will shortly be seized :p

So after all that it was just a tax renewal form :)

Mystery solved! You can all sleep again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So after all that it was just a tax renewal form :)

Mystery solved! You can all sleep again :D
    I look forward to your next thread in 3/6/12 months when you get the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

LOL

Next time we'll send out Scooby, Shaggy and the rest of the Mystery Inc gang. I sincerely thought the letter wasn't from the Dept of Transport at all, but had actually been written by the owner of the old amusement park, who would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky boardsies.

Ah well, maybe next time. :(

Mystery solved, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement