Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Using vegetable oil to run diesel car.

Options
  • 19-01-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was wondering if anybody here has converted there diesel car to run on vegetable oil. I’m not so much interested in the systems at present but rather the economics of it.

I had a couple of questions that somebody may be able to help with.

1. I’ve mailed the revenue regarding the Vat and duty implications and I’m waiting a reply. However what are people experience with this as I believe the revenue will give me the straight and narrow without the grey bits.

2. Where is it possible to source bulk vegetable oil. I know people will suggest calling around to the local chipper but the time required to do this would cancel out cost savings (if any) switching to veg oil. Time is money.

Cheers,

TAOB
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement