Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best custom ROM:HTC oneX?

Options
  • 14-06-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭

so I have rooted my phone and was wondering what roms are people using.
    Im using Android Revolution HD 6.1.0,I find it ok but I'm coming from cyanogenmod on the hd desire and I found that excellent especially the battery life.

Any one want to give some recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm on Revolution.

6.1.1 came out today, by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Do I have to download and update manually or can I do it through rom manager?

Is Revolution on Rom manager? I usually update old school (Clockwork Mod). There is a new boot image with this one, so check the instructions.

How you mean a new boot image?
    Im downloading the new zip file from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603

and will transfer it over to my phone then boot into recoverey and install from there.I will do a backup of current rom.DO I have to do anything else?

Download from the AR thread (first post), reboot to bootloader and flash it from ADB.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Edit: Looks like Mike has a new base. Hold off on updating (there will probably be a new release in the next 24 hours)

When its out, back up current rom, reboot to bootloader, flash boot.img, reboot to recovery, install new ROM.
    Since the upcoming rom is a new base, you will probably need to wipe first.

• Advertisement

right thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Currently using Team Pkmn v5 (Charmeleon)
    Rock stable & extremely customisable from my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Currently using Team Pkmn v5 (Charmeleon)
    Rock stable & extremely customisable from my experience

Same here, big fan of it. Especially the volume to unlock feature and quick settings.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Same here, big fan of it. Especially the volume to unlock feature and quick settings.

I also just realised the if you press the volume icon in quick settings (notification drawer) you can pick what volume you want to change :pac:
    I may be slow >_>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Can't decide which ROM to go with, just got my phone back from repair so had to re-root.

I had Lee Droid which was cool, but will try something else.

For the pokemon ROM above, can someone confirm menu can be mapped to the task switcher button?

Also has anyone installed any stock android (non sense) ROM?

Anyone tried CM9 alpha or COREDROID ?

Decisions, Decisions.

• Advertisement

on Pkmn its mapped to it by default but can be changed in the tweaks settings

I also just realised the if you press the volume icon in quick settings (notification drawer) you can pick what volume you want to change :pac:
    I may be slow >_>

I only realised that yesterday as well. Have you set up swipe2unlock as well? It's a nifty feature if you have small hands or a particularly lazy thumb. you can unlock by swiping from the back key to the menu. I think if you change the kernel you can actually swipe to wake as well which would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Good god i wish i knew how to flash these onto my one X!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Can't decide which ROM to go with, just got my phone back from repair so had to re-root.

I had Lee Droid which was cool, but will try something else.

For the pokemon ROM above, can someone confirm menu can be mapped to the task switcher button?

Also has anyone installed any stock android (non sense) ROM?

Anyone tried CM9 alpha or COREDROID ?

Decisions, Decisions.
    You can de-pokemon it at set up as well if you want to get rid of the pokemon boot logo etc. Was it rooted when you sent it for repair? Did they have any issue with it being rooted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

griffdaddy wrote: »
    You can de-pokemon it at set up as well if you want to get rid of the pokemon boot logo etc. Was it rooted when you sent it for repair? Did they have any issue with it being rooted?

Hi,

Yeah I didn't bother with the pokemon stuff when I installed it. Good ROM though, loving all the tweaks.

My phone was previously rooted but before I sent it for repair I flashed the stock recovery and ran the latest official RUU from XDA. I then re-locked the bootloader.

If they had checked they would have seen that the bootloader was "Relocked" as opposed to "locked" but as long as the fault wasn't caused by a dodgy ROM they shouldn't have any problem with it.

In my case the screen was faulty (little yellow spot in the corner) so nothing to do with that but went through the above just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Lads I've flashed my phone and installed a new rom android revolution 6.1.1, but notice very little difference, what should I noticed that's different? How do I install mods onto the phone also and how do you use a rom manager.

I'm a bit lost here lads any help appreciated, thanks

srdb20 wrote: »
    Lads I've flashed my phone and installed a new rom android revolution 6.1.1, but notice very little difference, what should I noticed that's different? How do I install mods onto the phone also and how do you use a rom manager.

I'm a bit lost here lads any help appreciated, thanks

Well, you won't notice any huge difference as that ROM is based on the same source as the stock ROM.

There should be some differences and the battery life should improve.

I've never used that ROM but usually there is a seperate app that contains tweaks and the like.

The main things I wanted from a ROM are stability, good battery life and remapping menu to the recent apps key to get rid of the "3 dot menu".

For a completly different expierience maybe try a ROM based on stock Android such as CM9 and this will get rid of Sense. You could also use LeeDroid and choose Nova launcher at startup.

Can you check if there is a tweaks app or additional items in the notification dropdown?

Android Revolution is pretty much exactly like stock (no visual differences). The improvements are all under the hood.

- Lots of little tweaks to configuration files to improve performance, battery life, memory management, CPU governor and lots more.
    - Those crappy bloatware applications that your operator stuck on your shiny new phone? Yeah... the ones that nobody ever uses? - Gone.
    - Deodexed (required for themes)
    - Zipaligned (pretty technical - google it - but the outcome is that apps use less RAM when running)
    - Latest version of all system apps.

Check the "ROM Details" section on the first post of this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603 for all of the extra benefits.

Although it looks identical to the stock ROM that came installed on your phone when you bought it, the benefits are substantial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Just got a One X today - is it true they can't be rooted without some sort of HTC.com approval beforehand?

Not quite. You use a HTC approved process to unlock the bootloader (which then allows for custom ROMs to be loaded). More here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1592355

It's pretty straight forward.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    The main things I wanted from a ROM are stability, good battery life and remapping menu to the recent apps key to get rid of the "3 dot menu".

So this! What ROM would you recommend because I want this badly!!

Mr E wrote: »
    Not quite. You use a HTC approved process to unlock the bootloader (which then allows for custom ROMs to be loaded). More here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1592355

It's pretty straight forward.

Epic guide Mr E, doing it now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Nightshad3

is it possible to do this to a phone on the 3 network?

Advertisement