Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000+ ?!? What is your highest bill for mobile broadband?

Options
  • 13-10-2014 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Got a bill for €987 from Meteor for unwittingly going over the data limit. Can't believe it is not capped beyond a certain amount.

Since Meteor do not put any limit on such bills I was wondering what is the highest amount you have been billed for using a mobile broadband dongle. It can be with any mobile broadband provider, not just Meteor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

thehouses wrote: »
    Got a bill for €987 from Meteor for unwittingly going over the data limit. Can't believe it is not capped beyond a certain amount.

Since Meteor do not put any limit on such bills I was wondering what is the highest amount you have been billed for using a mobile broadband dongle. It can be with any mobile broadband provider, not just Meteor.

25 euro. Unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

€1450~, meteor aswell but it was years ago. Went into the shop looking for a fight and the guy said he would take a look at it. Brought it down to the monthly €30 (I think) and the over limit charge was left at €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

mickdw wrote: »
    25 euro. Unlimited.

Who is that with?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Because it's not Broadband and the Regulator is USELESS!

This garbage marketing and phone bills with no limit is CRAZY!!!

Why has Comreg not mandates that every phone or mobile or usage based account (e.g. even Sky Movies) have a low default of €50 which you have to contact them to change it and not possible to have no ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Frynge wrote: »
    €1450~, meteor aswell but it was years ago. Went into the shop looking for a fight and the guy said he would take a look at it. Brought it down to the monthly €30 (I think) and the over limit charge was left at €50.

I can't see anyone beating that - but these bills are unlimited so you never know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Who is that with?

Its the old vodafone package -25 unlimited that i took out about 6 years ago.
    Quite useful to know that there would be no surprises.
    Cancelled it a few weeks back as it had gone worse than useless coverage wise.

Advertisement