Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free mixing software

• 17-12-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

where can i get something for mixing music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

where can i get something for mixing music

Try the free version of vdj from their homepage, it's actually alright for starting off with,you can record your mixes and it keeps it all stored on your PC (inc tracklisting n times)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

thats great :) BUT i dont have a controler :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

thats great :) BUT i dont have a controler :confused:

Nor I, I only use it for buzzing with, you just use the mouse (or fingers if on your lappie lol) , click n drag on the faders, if you know your tunes you can pretty much guesstimate where you want to que them in from, then just click sync to sync your bpms and away ya go........obviously it'd work better with a little controller but if you get your head around it your laughing and then its just more improvement when you do get a controller.

That said,for the serious bizznizz I stick with me techs ....... coz i'm oldskool lol :cool:

Anyways, good luck with it m8, hope you get yourself sorted, Happy Chrimbo n salutations for the New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Try this, its prettty good for messing around with on the laptop, got the link from DJALOLDSKOL a good while back. I dont know if the link is still good but sure have a go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/70881680/DJ_eJay_MixStation_3__first_person_.rar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah I started off messing around with Mixx when I went digital. It's a bit **** looking back now, I'd be driven demented by how restricted I'd be these days, but was grand to get back to basics. Virtual DJ is better though. I can't believe the amount they give you in the demo now. It's actually disgraceful because it means that kids can now call themselves a DJ with little/no experience and hunt for gigs for cheap, putting real DJs who put the time and cash in and charge a fair rate out of business </pointless rant>. But it's out there so you may as well avail of it.

You can also probably torrent some version of Traktor if need be. That way, you can set up hotkeys on it and it means you're not pointing and clicking the whole time (which made the process an absolute pain for me). The only thing you need to point and click for is EQing. So you get some kind of control over it. Then, when you invest in a good controller, it all becomes a joy.

thumbs up guys

what is a good budget controler

thumbs up guys

what is a good budget controler

Hercules RMX. Was pretty dirt as of a couple years ago so I'd imagine it's dirt now. Or even look into a Kontrol S2. But play around with the free stuff for a while before you invest anything. If you're still going after a few months, you'll know what you need and are willing to spend.

i present a radio show (dance music) and i want to step up my game i want to premix my set and voice over in the studio im sick of playing back to back :rolleyes: , i have alot of experience in mixing and i looovvveee it, i have 1210's and an xone 32 i am selling them as the day of records is out the window :( oh well

If you're experienced then I'd say go with the S2 over the RMX. The RMX will restrict you a bit. The S2 is around €400, but if you want to start gigging live you'll earn it back after a few gigs and any Kontrol, imo, will be the best investment you can make in DJ-ing today. Pioneers are supposed to be nifty also but I've no experience with these so maybe others can chime in.

• Advertisement

in what way will it restrict :confused:

its like starting all over again

i have downloaded mixx and will be trying it out tommrow maby

Well it has everything you need, your cue control, EQ, upfaders, crossfaders etc. But my own attitude is that if I'm going to be dropping a good bit of dosh on new gear then I want it to up my game and give me more options. With the Kontrol and it's loop control, samples, effects etc, it allows you so much more freedom to expand without a massive learning curve for each feature (but there's enough features that you'll keep finding new ways to get creative).

Since you've been at it a while, I'm assuming you'd like to make the most out of the switch to digital. But if it's the basics you're looking for on a budget...RMX is my personal recommendation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

i present a radio show (dance music) and i want to step up my game i want to premix my set and voice over in the studio im sick of playing back to back :rolleyes: , i have alot of experience in mixing and i looovvveee it, i have 1210's and an xone 32 i am selling them as the day of records is out the window :( oh well

Sorry to go off topic on the thread but NEVER, NEVER sell your 1210s, you will regret it, no home should be without a set of them!

I've thought about it many a time broke but I've too much vinyl and still buy the odd bit of it, don't get me wrong, I love my trusty cdjs for years, moved on and I got Traktor last xmas....

That worked great for 6 months and the sound card was faulty so its been sitting in a box for ages, so I'm back to cds and vinyl for my radio show, and it can be a bit of a pain in the arse, but I could never part with my technics, they were part of growing up for me...

On topic - If your well used to playing I recommend starting off with Traktor Pro 2, its very easy to get the knack of for just messing around with.

I personally would bypass virtual dj or any other mixing software and get it, you can download a demo for it off native instruments website, and I'm sure there's "other means" to get a look at a full version aswell, which I won't go into here but I will warn you, cracked versions never seem as solid as the real ones and tend to not work as well as the real thing... :)

MINT lads :D

well budget is priority (something pre owned would be grate)
    im looking for something to get into digital djing, something simple, as i find if there is too many bells and whistles i cant concentrate on what i want to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

@ James - why dont you try something like this :

http://www.adverts.ie/other-dj-equipment/numark-stealth-control/1208763

with Traktor?

well atm im watching a Hercules DJ Console MK4 on ebay it preowned

whats it worth roughly http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120832945560?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1202

Not familiar with that model tbh, just the RMX. But try Thomann.de/ie for what the RRP is, they stock pretty much everything.

Just on 'the big switch', I've been taking a guy I know who's been on CDJs for years out to club gigs with me and he's picked up the digital setup fairly handy. Within a couple of weeks (and his only practise on it is for a while at the start of the gig, hasn't bought his own kit yet) he was putting together some nice mixes. So it isn't as daunting as you'd think. If you understand the basics well, it's easier and doesn't have a massive learning curve. You'll fly coming from 1210's and be thankful of the few extra moments you have to breathe during each mix!

im seeing the light now big time allright and it seems easy

have been using this for a bit now and wow i love
    and i have decided to go with ither rmx or mk 4 the new one

thinks guys for year help :)
    sydney samson fill you up... ftw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The MK4 is a plastic piece of dog poo ... I used to have the MK1 many many moons ago and you'll outgrow it in a matter of weeks.

The RMX is less than 200 euro from Thomann and is built like a freaking tank, I loved mine, travelled with it and would get one again in a pinch if I was still using DJ software (moved to Ableton these days).

• Advertisement

just arrived home now with my new (will preowned) hercules rmx

just about to install the software now:)

Good stuff dude, let us know how you get on!

:pac: its a cool peice of kit

i miss the vinyl cue though

is there any way of turning off the auto bpm detection and the wave form at the top on v-dj, i dont want to us it and i can help but look at it

:pac: its a cool peice of kit

i miss the vinyl cue though

is there any way of turning off the auto bpm detection and the wave form at the top on v-dj, i dont want to us it and i can help but look at it

I haven't used Virtual that much (Traktor for me) but have a look at display settings and you may be able to tinker around with what you can and can't see. It'll likely still detect the BPM when it loads but if you can't see what it is then it won't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Mixxx is a bit limited IMO. Play around a bit with VirtualDJ (free version won't let you use a controller) and Serato DJ Intro. I use Traktor myself, and there's a 30 day free trial on their website.

Advertisement