Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME break street date for GTA double pack (Xbox)

Options
  • 24-12-2003 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

I picked mine up this morning. Things could get interesting though - while GAME do this kind of thing with alarming regularity, they might find themselves in hot water this time. Sony have a cast-iron exclusivity deal with Rockstar that prevents them from releasing GTA3 or Vice City on any other console than the PS2 until the end of the year, that's why the release date for the GTA double pack on the Xbox was January 2 2004.

However in preperation of the January 2 release, Rockstar would have delivered their shipments of the double pack to retailers ahead of this date, and GAME have obviously decided to sell it as soon as they got it, thus breaking Rockstar's deal with Sony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Actually, Game responded to GameStop breaking the streetdate...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well in that case I stand corrected. Aparantly it's been on sale in the UK since Monday - I can see Sony kicking up a big fuss over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Xtra Vision are selling it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Because of the aforementioned Sony exclusivity deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

well if its so exclusive why was it released in the US months ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

em a bit too little too late for xbox. come one who can really get excited by a 2-3 year old game, and a 1 1/2 year old game?? especially when they have already been released on two other platforms?? its not gonna save the bill gates machine/paperweight. they need a gta thats xbox only to part people (myself included) from theire ps2's and pc's.

weemcd- have a good christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

How did I know weemcd would come up with something like that. Any mention of an XBOX and he slags it off. It's about time you got your act together and shut up.

smeah /me doesnt care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I haven't really played a real sit through of either of the two next generation Grand Theft Auto titles, so at least I have something to be excited about. In any case its pretty irrelevant whether they are old games or not. For instance, many gamers sure got excited over the Zelda: Collector's Edition compilation, even though it contained four old titles. So there are actually people out there who have been shut out/missed out from playing both aformented games (in the case of Zelda: CE, for most of you, this is the second time).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If anyone does get this and hasnt played it before, just make sure to play GTA3 first and play it to death because once you start Vice City chances are high you wont play GTA3 again.

wise words Makaveli

wise words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The xbox doesn't need "saving".

Advertisement