Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XB1 Season 1 Off Season Schedule

• 29-01-2015 6:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Re-signings Thursday 5pm - Friday 10pm
    Stage 1 FA Friday 10pm - Sunday 10pm
    Stage 2 FA Sunday 10pm - Monday 10pm
    Stage 3 FA Monday 10pm - Tuesday 10pm(To be edited depending on outcome of draft poll)

Remember when resigning your own players.

Resigning current players:
    Maximum contract length of 6 years
    Regardless of the length of contract, bonus to be capped at 50% of the total deal.

Also be reasonable with the length of a deal for older guys.
    (By older someone who could potientally retire this season or next)

FA Rules
    Maximum contract length of 6 years
    Regardless of the length of contract, bonus to be capped at 50% of the total deal.

So the exact same as the resigning rule

Link to Draft Day Poll Closed
    http://doodle.com/supztez5hrai92gr

Multiple options there so just fill in your name and what times best suit you.

Draft set for Thursday 5th at 9pm.
    Will set up a draft chat room on the day,could be handy for those wanting to make deals.
    No trading with CPU during draft.(as future draft picks might be involved)

Post Draft FA will be Snake Draft.
    Will run as the same order as the draft for round 1 then reversed.(although if you have two 1st rounders then your pick is based on your postion in league,not one that has been traded for)
    A thread will be made to post picks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If Foles and Maclin hold me to Ransom, they can do one, especially Maclin

Heli your christmas has come early, The Jets have released Chris Johnson, bring him home Heli, Bring him home.

The CPU teams have released a Sh*t load of good players

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i may do :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Also some advise,before resigning players check your Progression Recap.
    Player Regression comes into effect after the superbowl so some players may have lost some stats either due to age or missing their season goals.

So for example Miles Austin lost -9 accleration and -5 speed(probably a combo of age and goals,they seem to hit Wr's aged 31 and above hard sometimes)
    Douglas lost a bit for route running and CIT(goals related probably)

I may make a regressions thread later.

Schedule updated and Poll added for Draft Day :)

• Advertisement

Sunday, i have to wait 48hrs before i know who ive signed, Outrageous. ;)

Heli come back.

Im not sure when im available, ive 2 PFL games next week and Liverpool play wednesday night, so i'll go with the majority and work around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

any evening would nearly suit me after 22:00, im working till half nine most evenings,

Advanced to FA.

I would love to see whose there, but xbox live is down....again

• Advertisement

I would love to see whose there, but xbox live is down....again

alot of good players if you have the cap space, which i dont, only position short is qb, no great qb on free agency

There's like 14 or 17 offers on Jordan Cameron I think,where were all these offers when I was trying to trade him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I've only got 30 mil to play around with...

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I've only got 30 mil to play around with...

that all i have 11 mill is all

Eagles had about 25m so we are in for a couple of players.

sorry if this annoys yous, was going threw free agency last nite and after 6 bids my 11mill cap was gone, its the bouns that uses cap space?

tripperman wrote: »
    sorry if this annoys yous, was going threw free agency last nite and after 6 bids my 11mill cap was gone, its the bouns that uses cap space?

As far as i know, its the whole financial package, not just the bonus

As far as i know, its the whole financial package, not just the bonus

ah thats ok must look at cheaper players so or get them six and get a good draft

Have a look at your roster, you may be able to release some players and free up some cap for FA.

Have a look at your roster, you may be able to release some players and free up some cap for FA.

ill do that i never thought of that

• Advertisement

ill do that i never thought of that

You dont really have players that would free up much money to be honest, apart from Gallette, the rest theres not much between savings and penalty

You dont really have players that would free up much money to be honest, apart from Gallette, the rest theres not much between savings and penalty

ah no that all, ill have to look tonight but dont really want to let Gallette go hes very good player

Theres a few guys who'd free up about 5m with no penalty, thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

I think they have a handy thing in the rosters at the moment which will tell you how much of a cap saving and penalty you will get by releasing a player.

guns4all wrote: »
    I think they have a handy thing in the rosters at the moment which will tell you how much of a cap saving and penalty you will get by releasing a player.

I know yeah, he asked was Galette the highest saver to release so i just let him know he had others to but the saving wouldnt add upto to much

Theres a few guys who'd free up about 5m with no penalty, thats about it.

ill start and go threw it all when i get home, might redo over my contract offers and see what i can do make space, probibly not great idea to chase big overalls like i bid on, i never relised saints were so tight on cap space, (note to self in madden 16 pick a team with lots of cap space)

ill start and go threw it all when i get home, might redo over my contract offers and see what i can do make space, probibly not great idea to chase big overalls like i bid on, i never relised saints were so tight on cap space, (note to self in madden 16 pick a team with lots of cap space)

And you must have some serious bids in cause I threw a huge offer at some guys and it still said saints top bidder, so I witthdrew some offers

And you must have some serious bids in cause I threw a huge offer at some guys and it still said saints top bidder, so I witthdrew some offers

wouldnt think there that big of bids just very big players i went for, does highest bidder not change after advances?

I don't think the highest bidder changes till after the advance but thats just going on what I've seen in other leagues,open to correction.

• Advertisement

Is that what the highest bid means, i always taught it meant it 1st person to bid on on the player, better increase some offers so

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I don't think the highest bidder changes till after the advance but thats just going on what I've seen in other leagues,open to correction.

Sure advance there now and we can find out;)

I'm sittin here waiting for the advance even though I know I'll prob get none until last week of FA

I'm sittin here waiting for the advance even though I know I'll prob get none until last week of FA

is advance not 2moro nite just before super bowl?

Lol yup you are right! So used to FA only being 24hrs

Fml

Lol yup you are right! So used to FA only being 24hrs

Fml

ah had me thinking what day it was

• Advertisement

The big players rarely move after the first stage,usually its not until stage 3 they decide.

Just a heads up that the advance might be slightly later as I mightn't be about.

Advanced.
    Scouting is now open again.
    Panthers and Titans were the busiest in FA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

signed one player, looks my iupati replacement.

signed one player a kicker hope no shanked kicks now, withdrew offers and spread around a bit better, the panthers out bid me on a wr target when advanced

• Advertisement

Eagles signed nobody, taught i'd have got 1 or 2 at least, Heli,Tripper and the bloody cpu's are outbidding me it seems for a few players at the minute.

Eagles signed nobody, taught i'd have got 1 or 2 at least, Heli,Tripper and the bloody cpu's are outbidding me it seems for a few players at the minute.

was that before half time last night? i changed all bar two bids

was that before half time last night? i changed all bar two bids

I looked during superbowl half time, i think ye were ahead of me then although i was looking at katy perry at the same time to, The players i bid on done well for me in past franchises so really want/need at least a couple of them, unlikely i'll get them to lack of funds

I looked during superbowl half time, i think ye were ahead of me then although i was looking at katy perry at the same time to, The players i bid on done well for me in past franchises so really want/need at least a couple of them, unlikely i'll get them to lack of funds

i was doing the same only got done aa game kicked off, took both bids off wr and spent it on defence

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Only signed one player I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've only got 40 on my roster, and just 6 draft picks, so need to sign another 7 in Free agency.

signed one player a kicker hope no shanked kicks now, withdrew offers and spread around a bit better, the panthers out bid me on a wr target when advanced
    Shanking kicks isn't down to the quality of the kicker I think,comes down to placement on the arc on the upwards motion of the kick.(or the second motion on the right analog stick)
    Was shanking a bunch of my kicks when I got the game first.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Once that arrow(at the top of the kicking circle) is inside the green quadrant it shouldn't be shanked,the more in the middle of the green the straighter the kick also,I'm open to correction though.
    Although the quality of the kicker probably effects how quickly the arc fills up,better kicker,arc fills slower.

Shanking kicks isn't down to the quality of the kicker I think,comes down to placement on the arc on the upwards motion of the kick.(or the second motion on the right analog stick)
    Was shanking a bunch of my kicks when I got the game first.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Once that arrow(at the top of the kicking circle) is inside the green quadrant it shouldn't be shanked,the more in the middle of the green the straighter the kick also,I'm open to correction though.
    Although the quality of the kicker probably effects how quickly the arc fills up,better kicker,arc fills slower.

thats very helpfull perrin, my kicker last season graham his stats dropped very quickly, and i kept doing kick drills to try correct it but didnt come round, i thought it was me who was making mistakes on right sticks, but a game went to sim and he missed 3 fg, so had me confused panthers and 49ers seen him miss fgs

Was is just Graham? Like when you used kickers in different games(non franchise games) they were kicking fine ya?

Was is just Graham? Like when you used kickers in different games(non franchise games) they were kicking fine ya?

yeah just graham, offline i have bullock hes missed one from 23 attempts and that was a 52 yard attempt , graham started ok and game 4 on just fell apart

• Advertisement
Advertisement