Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use a DENON DN-MC6000

Options
  • 14-09-2011 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used a DENON DN-MC6000. I'm making the move to controller/laptop and with it being a stand alone mixer i find that a majot plus along with XLR output.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have the mc2000 which is basically one of the jogwheeled units from the 6000, no soundcard with it or anything.

decent enough, i used their tle file with traktor 2, works perfect, apart from the jogwheel doesnt seem to do anything at the moment.

great piece of kit, the 6000 is very big, not suited to anything other than bedroom and aprty use probably?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i have the mc2000 which is basically one of the jogwheeled units from the 6000, no soundcard with it or anything.

decent enough, i used their tle file with traktor 2, works perfect, apart from the jogwheel doesnt seem to do anything at the moment.

great piece of kit, the 6000 is very big, not suited to anything other than bedroom and aprty use probably?

i wouldn't say that. I haven't got it, but its the next purchase on the cards. It's a lot smaller than carrying in a set of pioneers in a flight case. and very easy to set up. takes up a lot less room than normal CD decks too. Have seen it in action and its a nifty piece of kit. Very responsive too, have you youtubed it? there's some great video's on there of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Sorry can't agree with any of that, mic eq, stand alone mixer, xlr output......perfect for the working jock on the road.

should have mentioned i meant club controller, not doing 21st's and sh1t like that.

considering you never said thats what you wanted it for anyways.

should have mentioned i meant club controller, not doing 21st's and sh1t like that.

considering you never said thats what you wanted it for anyways.

Sorry i thought mentioning XLR out would indicate mobile use.

Also 21st and "sh1t" like that pay my mortgage every month;)

• Advertisement

mobile use im sure it would be ideal, theres a few flight cases for it knocking around on egay, around the 100 mark.

for similar money you could buy the pioneer djt1 or whatever its called, their traktor controller.

you planning on using it with traktor?

wish i could pay a mortgage as easily!

mobile use im sure it would be ideal, theres a few flight cases for it knocking around on egay, around the 100 mark.

for similar money you could buy the pioneer djt1 or whatever its called, their traktor controller.

you planning on using it with traktor?

wish i could pay a mortgage as easily!

Ya going for a flight case like this http://www.udmdj.co.uk/magma-denon-dnmc6000-workstation

Ya using it with Traktor. Pioneer is a no no as it doesn't have mic eq or XLR out. Also its not a stand alone mixer so if something happens to your laptop or the like your rogered if your on the road ! At least you can plug in a mix on cd or pre mix on your phone on the Denon if that happens.

Ya going for a flight case like this http://www.udmdj.co.uk/magma-denon-dnmc6000-workstation

Ya using it with Traktor. Pioneer is a no no as it doesn't have mic eq or XLR out. Also its not a stand alone mixer so if something happens to your laptop or the like your rogered if your on the road ! At least you can plug in a mix on cd or pre mix on your phone on the Denon if that happens.

they do a good deal on thomann as a bundle with the denon

http://www.thomann.de/ie/denon_dnmc6000_bundle.htm

certainly looking forward to getting it over the next month or so. looking forward to not having to bring heavy decks up stairs anymore

Ya i seen that deal but haven't "dealt" with Thomann a few times before i won't be doing it again. A lot of problems with returns and customer service.

I'd rather spend a few quid extra ( not much ) and buy local.

I'm going with www.djbox.ie ( no connection to the company ) but find them good and they'll price match or get very close to Thomann.

Ya i seen that deal but haven't "dealt" with Thomann a few times before i won't be doing it again. A lot of problems with returns and customer service.

I'd rather spend a few quid extra ( not much ) and buy local.

I'm going with www.djbox.ie ( no connection to the company ) but find them good and they'll price match or get very close to Thomann.

Really? with thomann? never had any problems, in fact bought something off them a couple of months back, and when it arrived it was broken. They sent another one without question, didn't even want the broke one back (it was about a 5er's worth and part of a big order)

Must look into DJBox alright. heard they put on a good service

• Advertisement

Yep with 2 different speakers and a powered mixer, just not worth the hastle in the end.

I bought an amp off Mark in Djbox in May and found him a gent to deal with all along.

have had problems with thomann myself in past.

bought a mixer, realised literally as i clicked 'pay' that it was the wrong one, sent them an email immediatly after explaining and asking to swap for the same price mixer i wanted.

they replied two days later saying the order had gone through before email received (yeh, complete bs) and i would have had to pay to send it back.

wont be buying from them again i think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got the mc6000 a month ago and as a mobile dj it fulfills all my needs in a compact package. I got a second hand deal that was too good to turn down but if i were buying new I would have to recommend djbox. I needed a small cable in a hurry for a gig a while back and Mark personally drove from his premises into the city centre on a friday afternoon
    to deliver it.

Well i'm into my second weekend of gigs with the Denon and i'm very very happy with it.

The output levels to my rig are great and its simple to use as well.

Glad i made the change and bought it.

Bought the unit last week. Haven't got much of a spin with it yet, because it doesn't want to configure with my Traktor Pro 2. Software works fine when just feeding it to a mixer channel, but once i plug controller in, audio becomes distorted, slow and crackly. Anyone have these problems when they got them? Beginning to loose patience with them now. Have been onto other people who have them and configured them the same way, but getting a totally different sound :( So frustrating

Have you installed the .tsi file and used the set up wizard ?

What outputs are you using, xlr/jack/phono

Have you installed the .tsi file and used the set up wizard ?

What outputs are you using, xlr/jack/phono

99% certain i've installed .tsi file, will re check later, and yes i used the setup wizard. I can press play/pause, load up songs etc, do everything it should do, but its just not playing audio correctly.

i set up an XLR output, but its a cue-ing up issue too. Same sound coming through the headphones so don't think its anything to do with the output.

Hmm, windows or mac ?

Hmm, windows or mac ?

Windows 7. Havent found anyone who can come up with a solution, althought someone on the denon forum, just gave me a whole list of stuff to check that i'll have to spend an hour or 2 going over at some point. But if you've any suggestions it would be much appreciated. VERY frustrating, and i bet its something simple too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

This solved my sound issues with virtual Dj;

VDJ Config menu, Sound Setup, choose Advanced Config from the Outputs menu dropdown. Click the Advanced Config button and configure each dropdown as follows;

Deck 1 - MC6000 (Speakers) - Output 1&2
    Deck 2 - MC6000 (Speakers) - Output 3&4

Apply/OK out and OK out again and your audio for each deck will appear on each channel using WDM drivers instead.

• Advertisement

Got it up and running. Needed to update my BIOS driver but all sorted now

Gave it a first spin last night and worked a treat. Traktor is over working at the moment with a very high CPU usage which caused it to crash so going to re-install that today to see if that helps. I like to have 2-3 songs playing simultaneously, but Traktor didn't so need to get that sorted. If the re-install doesn't wrok then i'm going to leave it in somewhere to get it updated and sorted out properly.

But back to the Denon's. Lovely piece of kit and look forward to gigging with it in the future

Advertisement