Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach fishing in Waterford/Wexford?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi All,

On behalf of my internet-allergic boyfriend - can anyone recommend some good beach fishing spots in Waterford/Wexford? I've done a quick boards search with no joy - if this belongs in the respective regional forums, please let me know.

Much obliged =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Hey,

I don't know the Waterford/Wexford area that well from a fishing point of view, but if he's close to Waterford the winter fishing in the Blackwater estuary is fairly decent i.e. around Youghal - off the bridge, the piers in the town, the main beach, the waterford side off the sand spit.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

hi,
    here is a list of a few spots in waterford

Tramore beach there is plenty of fish after dark ( coding, coalie, flounder,bass, weaver fish}

Kilfarassy beach {codling, coalie, flounder, bass, dogfish, rockling}

Bonmahon beach ( codling, flounder, rockling, bass, dogfish, weaverfish)

I'm still catching alot of weaver fish from these beaches so be VERY careful when handling them as they have a poisionous fine on there back,

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

I used to fish a lot around north wexford when I was growing up. All the spots I used to fish (mostly clone, kilmichael, courtown) are covered here:

http://www.fishingireland.net/fishing/sea/wexford/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

It's probably better fun not knowing where the "good" fishing spots are and not knowing what to expect. Try anywhere but stay safe. Dusk onwards, high tide and you never know what might turn up. Enjoy.

Advertisement