Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving license age for insurance purposes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

CiniO wrote: »
    Yes. But I can see a big difference between "we may" and fact if they are obliged to record it and keep those recording for some reasonable time and make it available to customer when neccesery.

That's my point also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

djimi wrote: »
    Certain sectors (financial being one of them) are obliged to record all calls and keep them for a number of years. Im not 100% about insurance but I have a feeling that they fall into this bracket also.
    That would be really brilliant.
    But considering how many mistakes those phone advisors make, I doubt insurance companies do it. If they were obliged to keep those recordings, then surely they would made sure that their phone customer advisors know what they are talking about, while in reality they don't.

Example from few years ago - Hibernian Direct.
    My policy says I can drive with third party cover any other car which doesn't belong to me and is not registered on my name.
    I rang them to make sure if I can use this extension to drive a car which is registered on my wife's name. Answer was - "yes obviously you can drive your wife's car".
    I rang them 5 minutes later, and other person tells me that I can't drive my wife's car using this extension.

Another example - Allianz.
    A ring them to ask for how long is my cover valid when I'm abroad. (accroding to policy document there isn't any time limits).
    First call - they tell me it's limited to 3 months after which my policy will be void at all including third party.
    I ring again 5 minutes later, to find out, that my policy will be valid only for 1 month comprehensive, but third party for 3 months.
    I rang again after another 5 minuts, and this time it seems to be no time limits of validity of my policy, provided I'm still resident in Ireland.
    So 3 different people I spoke to, 3 different answers.
    Lovely, isn't it?

Most big companies do record calls anyway and will be prepared to use the recording. Ive had to request a call recording from UPC in the past which backed up by story that they made a huge mistake on my bill, so they are not always going to just look to cover their ass.
    Fair play to you, that you managed to get it sorted. I was trying to sort a small mistake on my bill with eircom, and didn't manage to.
    I was about 10 euro short.

rocky wrote: »
    That's my point also ;)

:)

I also forgot to mention once I rang my insurance company (I can't remember which one was it at the time) and when person asnwered, I told them that I'm recording this call for verification purposes. He replied, that in such case he won't be able to help me, and he hanged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

:)

I also forgot to mention once I rang my insurance company (I can't remember which one was it at the time) and when person asnwered, I told them that I'm recording this call for verification purposes. He replied, that in such case he won't be able to help me, and he hanged up.

Yes, this is common practice in Call Centers.

Many moons ago I worked in one, the Policy if the customer informed you that they were recording the call was to politely inform them that you were terminating the conversation and to hang up.

Mainly because if the person informs you its being recorded and you agree to it then its admissible in court, if they don't inform you then its not.

Yes, this is common practice in Call Centers.

Many moons ago I worked in one, the Policy if the customer informed you that they were recording the call was to politely inform them that you were terminating the conversation and to hang up.

Mainly because if the person informs you its being recorded and you agree to it then its admissible in court, if they don't inform you then its not.

And that only confirms, what I said before, that any information they provide you over the phone is worth nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

rocky wrote: »
    Whenever I talked to insurance companies, their blurb says "we may record this call for training purposes"

I'd say the reason they use "may" is below. But they do record everything incoming, otherwise they've no way of tracking their employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

And that only confirms, what I said before, that any information they provide you over the phone is worth nothing.

Well obviously .. thats why you get it in writing.

If they won't write it down it ain't worth jack.

Advertisement