Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 9) April 28 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

How much is a student ticket into UCD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

NufcNavan wrote: »
    How much is a student ticket into UCD?

Probably a tenner, though I do know that they were offering free in 2 weeks ago when Bohs played there if you had a valid student card.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Probably a tenner, though I do know that they were offering free in 2 weeks ago when Bohs played there if you had a valid student card.
    Tenner is a bit steep for students, especially at UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Barstoolin it tonight :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

cson wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks 3/1 is a huge price for Pats against Sligo? Considering Sligo had the Crusaders match earlier in the week.
    Definitely. Its a long time since we lost at home though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Tenner is a bit steep for students, especially at UCD.
    To be fair, it's pretty much the same across the league (it's a fiver for UCD students usually). And UCD are playing some fantastic football this season so, personally, it's well worth the money. There's been 14 goals in the 4 home games so far this season so you do get your moneys worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Midfield mash in the Sligo/Pats game.

Eoin Hand boring the hole off me.

1-0 Sligo.

OG????

Touch of the George O'Callaghan's about Forrester there.

Great to watch.

• Advertisement

Jaysis we are fcuking deadly right up until the 18 yard box.

Reckon there is a goal in it for us yet.

Sligo getting the run around from Pats.

Hard to see them hanging on to the lead in 2nd half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought there'd more here at Tallaght than there is.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I thought there'd more here at Tallaght than there is.

I'd say a lot of lads are going "Derry! Again:eek:!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Longford Town lead in El Grande Clasico!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City go one up - doubt ya Vinny boy!!

• Advertisement

Jaysis .....frustrating stuff again away. Doubt sligo have been dominated like that for a while and they nearly won the game.

Shocking peno decision for the best it was missed, would rather we only drew due to our own issues than to win with a soft peno.

On the whole it was cracking to watch some nice football by us and some decent defenidng by Sligo #sofasaints

We have only won 4 games :(

FT Sligo Rovers 1 - 1 St. Patricks
    71' Dundalk 0 - 2 Bohemian FC
    71' UC Dublin 1 - 0 Drogheda United
    56' Monaghan United 0 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    56' Shamrock Rovers 1 - 0 Derry City
    56' Shelbourne 1 - 1 Cork City

7pm ****e is crap, im stupid drunk and its still bright out :( not very good at watching pats on tv :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,368 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Happy with a point. We were sh*te most of the game bar 1 or 2 spells.

We aren't playing well and still getting good results most games. But we can't be at that all season. Need to improve soon. Really impressed with Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I really am getting sick and tired of drawing games that we should be winning! I'd say you'd make a killing if you just bet on Pat's to draw going into every game, i'm sure you'd come out with a profit at the end of the season.

Didn't think Sligo were all that great tonight, but i know they're better than that. Quigley and North were very quiet, i thought. Especially Quigley!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I really am getting sick and tired of drawing games that we should be winning! I'd say you'd make a killing if you just bet on Pat's to draw going into every game, i'm sure you'd come out with a profit at the end of the season.

Didn't think Sligo were all that great tonight, but i know they're better than that. Quigley and North were very quiet, i thought. Especially Quigley!

Forgot he was playing, but this is our 12th competitive game together altho frustrating but we getting closer and closer, our play is breathtaking at times.

I will take 4th and oh another 5-1 :D

• Advertisement

FT Dundalk 0 - 2 Bohemian FC
    FT UC Dublin 1 - 1 Drogheda United
    89' Monaghan United 0 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    89' Shamrock Rovers 1 - 1 Derry City
    89' Shelbourne 1 - 2 Cork City

Shels must hate Cork now......well they hate everyone but Cork a bit more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    89' Monaghan United 0 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    89' Shamrock Rovers 1 - 1 Derry City
    89' Shelbourne 1 - 2 Cork City

Shels must hate Cork now......well they hate everyone but Cork a bit more.

:D Feeling is very mutual. Doubt ya Vinny boy! Again!!

Have to ask but what does "doubt ya" mean in Corkinese? Cos it means something else in English.

Forgot he was playing, but this is our 12th competitive game together altho frustrating but we getting closer and closer, our play is breathtaking at times.

I will take 4th and oh another 5-1 :D

Yeah, hopefully the goals start to arrive. I'm not really giving out about the team and management because, as you say, it's great to watch and they're really playing for the jersey. It's just so frustrating drawing these games!!!!!

Have to ask but what does "doubt ya" mean in Corkinese? Cos it means something else in English.

Wouldn't doubt ya.:pac:

1-2

Vinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Town Town Town!

Top of the league by four! Super! :D

FT Monaghan United 0 - 1 Bray Wanderers
    FT Shamrock Rovers 1 - 1 Derry City
    FT Shelbourne 1 - 2 Cork City

236-01.gif

Dunno how acurate that is considering Brendan Rogers plays in goal for Sligo and we have new team in the league.

Image0075.jpg

"Can We Play Ye Every Week" - as sweet a 3pts as we are likely to get all season:D

I can't wait for the Shels - Cork fans trading insults on this thread. I thoroughly enjoy that rivalry!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Limerick lose their 3rd game in 9. Twice at home and by all account playing terrible football.

Pat Scully won't last surely.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can't wait for the Shels - Cork fans trading insults on this thread. I thoroughly enjoy that rivalry!!!! :D

Bet you a pint at next home game no more than 3 shels fans post on this thread? After this moment? :pac:

Bet you a pint at next home game no more than 3 shels fans post on this thread? After this moment? :pac:

Corks fans right now on Boards remind me of Chief Brody in Jaws waiting for the shark!! " Come on ye Shels langers! Where are ye! Where are ye?? I'm waiting to shoot you down!!!"

Langer fingers are hovering above the keyboard right now!!!!

capp.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cork were ****e, we were worse. Matthews is wearing down my patience quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Really wish I was able to go tonight...Mates said it was not great game, but who givesa ****.

On side note Shels have come out and said there was 50,000 Shels fans at the game:D

Were all the referees at the other games today Welsh? Dunno why they had the Welsh referee in the UCD game but he can stay in Wales in the future. He was absolutely atrocious. It was laughable the things he gave Drogheda yet refused to give UCD. Hugh Douglas was bundled over the line for the corner that led to Drogheda's equaliser. He made countless other baffling decisions throughout the game.
    The game itself was very enjoyable. Both teams went hell for leather towards the end. Drogheda had a couple cleared off the line and Sava made a few good saves. But both teams had candidates for misses of the season in the second half. Drogheda headed against the bar from 3 yards out when they were 1-0 down and how David O Connor (I think) scooped the ball over the bar from a similar distance I'll never know.
    Overall I think the draw was fair but disappointed we didn't hold on for the win.

Were all the referees at the other games today Welsh? Dunno why they had the Welsh referee in the UCD game but he can stay in Wales in the future. He was absolutely atrocious. It was laughable the things he gave Drogheda yet refused to give UCD. Hugh Douglas was bundled over the line for the corner that led to Drogheda's equaliser. He made countless other baffling decisions throughout the game.
    The game itself was very enjoyable. Both teams went hell for leather towards the end. Drogheda had a couple cleared off the line and Sava made a few good saves. But both teams had candidates for misses of the season in the second half. Drogheda headed against the bar from 3 yards out when they were 1-0 down and how David O Connor (I think) scooped the ball over the bar from a similar distance I'll never know.
    Overall I think the draw was fair but disappointed we didn't hold on for the win.

Just for my own reasons can you agree UCD are a cracking football team ? :D

And Douglas is going to be a decent player somewhere.

Just for my own reasons can you agree UCD are a cracking football team ? :D

And Douglas is going to be a decent player somewhere.
    They really are. If the finishing was as good as the passing, we'd have a hell of a lot more than 8 points at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Fook me Shels were very poor again. Bit more fight than last week. Still though ****e is ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

CSF wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see who is more abysmal, us or Cork.

We won that contest anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Harps must be really useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some result for us Derry fans tonight, with 10 men.

Kenny killing Rovers, quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Youths win tonight gives us 2 more points than we had in the whole of last season :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

NIMAN wrote: »
    Some result for us Derry fans tonight, with 10 men.

Kenny killing Rovers, quality.

You didnt see the game so. Last year we would have been delighted with a draw against Derry, I expected a draw pre match. Im only disappointed with the result due to the fact Derry were awful throughout. I dont think it was till the 30th minute they managed to string 3 passes together in our half.

Our main problem is for a team with 22 goals, we really cant score.

• Advertisement

Was at the UCD Drogs game. Drogs were poor but still should have won easily.. Hit the bar 3 times and had the ball cleared off the line twice.

Ebbs wrote: »

Our main problem is for a team with 22 goals, we really cant score.

Think your problem for a team with 22 goals is that you have conceded 11 after 9 games is half the amount you conceded winning the league last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gotta say tonights display from Shels would put me off going to Tolka again. For a team that actually plays decent stuff when they get it on the deck, to continually revert to hoofball is very ****ing grating.

The sooner Doyle comes back too the better, that Skinner fella was absolutely piss tonight. Can't be easy playing in front of him.

And waiting til 5mins before the end to throw on some subs... use the bench ffs.

I think atrocious is harsh but it definately was a free out before the Drogheda corner that led to the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We played well tonight - excellently at times. Just couldn't put the game away. Should have put at least two more in the goal. Missed a peno as well. Bit worrying that we couldn't kill off a very poor but determined Derry side. Fiinn and Kavanagh were great.

Some absolute refereeing howlers. McCabe got poleaxed on the touchline in clear view of the lino and ref and he was the one that got booked, presumably for supposedly diving. :confused: The free that led to the Derry goal was a blatant dive as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement