Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2.5l BMW Efficient Dynamics - common problems?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭ongarite

rocky wrote: »
    I don't much care how a car looks, as long as I'm happy with the interior(where I'll be spending the time) and the engine/drivetrain...
    If the interior looks are important to you, I would definitely be looking at the LCI models then. Much improved centre console, radio & door card design. Not a fan of the pre-LCI interior look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Got any pics of yours?

The vast majority of leather is beige, at least in the range I'm looking at, 1 grey and a few black. Was there a limited choice when buying new?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I don't have an old E60 brochure anywhere, but from memory the leather was usually Black or Beige. Grey must have been an option, but not a very popular one (I find it very bland on the couple of F10's I've seen with the Grey) and I have seen an M-Sport with Brown leather so that must have been an option at some point.

There was an option in Black or Beige of Fusion, which is artificial leather. I think it's actually quite a decent option, but I wouldn't pay the same for a car with Fusion as I would with Dakota leather. Fusion was around €350 in 08, Dakota was around €2,500.

I'd like to see a brown leather E60, couldn't find any. How do I tell the difference between Fusion and real, is it obvious? Does in come in the same colors as Dakota?

Edit: Walnut dash and light leather looks good I think. Unfortunately the climate control does not seem to be available on pre LCI, and the normal manual AC looks too low spec for this type of car.

Edit 2: what about Nappa leather, better/ worse than Dakota?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I'd like to see a brown leather E60, couldn't find any. How do I tell the difference between Fusion and real, is it obvious? Does in come in the same colors as Dakota?

Edit: Walnut dash and light leather looks good I think. Unfortunately the climate control does not seem to be available on pre LCI, and the normal manual AC looks too low spec for this type of car.

Edit 2: what about Nappa leather, better/ worse than Dakota?

no-image-large.gif

Looks to be Brown leather in an M-Sport.

Fusion only came in Beige or Black. Don't think there is a really easy way to tell the difference though - might sound strange, but smell it?

Is Walnut the light wood? If it is, I really don't like that, but I don't really like wood trim anyway. Have Dark wood trim in mine which isn't too bad, but would have preferred the standard silver.

The upgraded A/C was probably available on pre-LCI cars, it was just an expensive option and didn't really add much functionality. The standard Climate Control works well enough for me.

Dakota was the normal option for Leather, Nappa was a more expensive option so is fairly rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fusion easily marks or scrapes, Dakota or the more expensive Nappa are more forgiving.

I started reading after I asked the questions :)

ROR, I was hoping to an even darker shade of brown, sort of like the cinnamon on the F10 only less red/pink. Oh well, can't be too picky with SH cars... I thought walnut was the darker wood, that or piano black I think looks good. Initially I preferred the aluminium too, but now I think the darker woods look classier... And the normal A/C leaves too much blank space on the dash. I've yet to sit in one... :rolleyes:

There's a pretty high spec E60 for 7k asking on donedeal, it's not MSport. Is it costly to replace the front/back bumpers with the MSport one? Seems it already has the Msport SW.

Of course I started looking at E39s also (my original preferred car) and for 4k you can get a pretty top of the line one...

The search continues..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I started reading after I asked the questions :)

ROR, I was hoping to an even darker shade of brown, sort of like the cinnamon on the F10 only less red/pink. Oh well, can't be too picky with SH cars... I thought walnut was the darker wood, that or piano black I think looks good. Initially I preferred the aluminium too, but now I think the darker woods look classier... And the normal A/C leaves too much blank space on the dash. I've yet to sit in one... :rolleyes:

There's a pretty high spec E60 for 7k asking on donedeal, it's not MSport. Is it costly to replace the front/back bumpers with the MSport one? Seems it already has the Msport SW.

Of course I started looking at E39s also (my original preferred car) and for 4k you can get a pretty top of the line one...

The search continues..

There was a recent thread over on bmw-driver.net about this. Somebody over there did the converstion at around €2k and he was in the trade. Money you will never get back.

It's not about just fitting M Sport bumpers, you also have different front foglights, the SE sits higher than the M Sport so you will have to upgrade the suspension and als the rear bumper has a diffuser. It would be cheaper to just buy a genuine M Sport.

Advertisement