Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unclear on NCB statement from Aviva

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi, just got my NCB statement after 1 year, and it says that 'The actual number of years claims-free on this policy is 0**". Should this not be 1, granted the year is not fully up yet, but they sent it 2 weeks in advance?

Or does it refer to the fact that I had no NCB when taking up this policy, 1 year ago?

Can I use it as proof of my 1 year NCB for another insurer?

Confused :confused:

Comments

Should be 1, I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

great, so I have to wait for them the issue the correct document? Why can't people just do their jobs for once...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Are you sure you didn't have any claims?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The ** is referring to a footnote I'd assume. What does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I would imagine the statement should say 1 year, of course assuming that no claims were made. As you say one year is not quite fully up yet but all the same the statement of ncb which they sent you in the renewal pack should show you as having 1 years ncb, again making the assumption that no claims were made. As such if you feel a mistake was made I'd be inclined to get on the blower to Aviva tomorrow if I were you. Don't assume they are going to send you out the correct statement without action on your part as they most likely won't until you notify them of their error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

It should read 1 year if you had no claims.

Thanks all, yeah I don't have any claims...

I called Aviva but I got the policy through a broker, First Ireland, and Aviva said I should go to them, they can't see it on their system - this I thought was strange. Anyway, called FI and they said will send the correct NCB. I hope they will, when I called them a week ago to update some of my details, the FI guy mentioned I'll get a new quote, which I never got.

ncbl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Any chance you had a windscreen claim or something. It doesn't affect your bonus but it is still a claim

No claims at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement