Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farming Simulator 2013:Graphic Cards.. Help!

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,
    I just bought this game as a gift however I cannot use it on my PC as I get an error message saying graphic Shader 3.0 required.

Currently I have Intel 950 (i think this is the graphics card) and windows vista.

I'm not that knowledgeable on computers so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What I want to know is where can I get a card, can it be got in PC world and will they install it. Is that all I need for the game to work or will I then need to download something.
    Also, how much does one cost. I normally don't use my PC for games so I would want the most basic (cheap) one.

Thanks in advance for the help. From my questions above you can see I'm clueless on this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

Do you have a laptop or desktop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SC_1986

Sorry.. its a laptop. Toshiba

SC_1986 wrote: »
    Sorry.. its a laptop. Toshiba

You can't really upgrade the graphics chip on a laptop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

According to this, you've only got Shader 2.0 support, so you're probably out of luck. What model Toshiba is it exactly - it may be that you can install a graphics card into it, but it's very unlikely.

Is there no way at all :(

• Advertisement

Hi Shiminay,
    I'l have the check the model later, but it was bought in 2008 if thats helps

I'd say you're outta luck so unfortunately :(

Is there such a thing as an external hard drive that would allow me to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

It's not the Hard Drive that's the problem, it's the built in graphics card on that laptop. It sounds like it won't work on that laptop at all...

J.

SC_1986 wrote: »
    Is there no way at all :(

If, and thats a big if, your laptops graphics can be upgraded then it will support only a handful of very specific graphics cards. You'd need to get in touch with Toshiba to find out.

Otherwise you could do something like this http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/graphics-cards/how-to-make-an-external-laptop-graphics-adaptor-915616 but it's not a cheap solution.

• Advertisement

Hard drive is just for storage, so that won't help here. There are external video cards, but they're hassle and expensive, so you're probably better off buying a new laptop for all the stress it'd cause you. Probably overkill for just wanting to play one game too.

Ok, well thanks everyone for all your help :)

Advertisement