Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC: Channels freezing

Options
  • 18-10-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

This just started happening this morning and the problem seems to be with all channels.

Every few seconds the picture freezes for a split second.

It's extremely annoying, especially when watching sport.

I've had UPC for several months and never had a problem before.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Henlars67 wrote: »
    This just started happening this morning and the problem seems to be with all channels.

I've had UPC for a couple of years now and I'm afraid it's something you'll just have to get used to. It's not bad enough to change provider but more of an annoyance.

BTW it seems to only happen when it's windy so I wouldn't bother making a formal complaint they'll just say it's the weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

It's not particularly windy, and besides their cables are underground.

I've been in contact and the're sending a service engineer out to me on Tuesday.

To be honest I think that it is bad enough to change provider.

It is almost impossible to watch at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

It's not particularly windy, and besides their cables are underground.

I've been in contact and the're sending a service engineer out to me on Tuesday.

To be honest I think that it is bad enough to change provider.

It is almost impossible to watch at the moment

It sounds like you have it much worse than me It's probably a connection problem, in which case the engineer should sort it out for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

try switching from hdmi cable to scart, (lower resolution and all that, but less frustration)... although I think our problem has something to do with Philips TV/horizon issue

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

This happened to me with some channels when I tried using an extension cable between the horizon box and the cable jack on the wall. Went away again as soon as I went back to using just the single short cable that came with horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Something similar happened me recently (Horizon box), rang UPC up, they told me to unplug the box and check all the connections. I was very skeptical of this as I hadn't gone near the cables, but literally just took out all the wires; UPC input, HDMI, even the digital audio wire, put them back in, switched on the box and job done, no problems since.

Advertisement