Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college graduate signing on

Options
  • 22-05-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I know my questions have probably been answered on some of the other threads, but I'm hoping for my scenario to be accessed as a whole. i just finished college. I want to sign on for jobseekers allowance while i look for a job. im currently living in student accommodation as i have been for the last few years.i haven't lived at home or received support from mother since i was 18. currently i'm 21, 22 in a few weeks. my questions are:

1. considering I lived in student housing the last few years, will I still be viewed as living away from home for all this time?

2. im applying as a 21 year old. does it make a difference whether i apply now or when i'm 22 in a few weeks? i assume the rate goes up when you're 22.

3.my girlfriend and i are thinking of moving in together shortly.if her income is assessed (4 day/week job-short term contract) and my rate of pay is dropped to 60 euro a week or something, is this a bad idea to move in together? we don't support each other financially in any case.

4. would getting rent allowance also be affected by this same scenario above? Am I better off living alone?

5. if I am entitled to rent allowance is this also paid for by the CWO in the interim months or weeks I'm awaiting confirmation of my JSA application?

6. is my bank balance taken into account in the assessment? whats the maximum amount you can have without it being considered as affecting your claim?

Thanks! :)

Advertisement