Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some "interesting" videos...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nice
    Many videogames are simply there to act as quicksand distractions, rewarding player investment with a litany of virtual, meaningless trinkets: a new ability for your character here, a badge for your conquests there. Even Modern Warfare 2, an FPS with an expansive, celebrated competitive online component, relies heavily on MMO-style unlocks to keep players investing. These canny rewards may give the illusion of progression, but they muddy the purity of the competitive experience, as some players find themselves more powerful than others, those who have spent the most time with the game favoured over newcomers. Street Fighter IV, by contrast, rewards player investment by levelling its player up, not its character.

This was a great point imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

That cow is broken! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Someone posted this as being the new version of Guile in SSF4...

I could only dream :D

Haha, I was in the irc channel with the guys who made that video as they were playing and uploading to youtube. Funny **** alright!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Haha, I was in the irc channel with the guys who made that video as they were playing and uploading to youtube. Funny **** alright!

I'm actually subscribed to their channel. I did laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Someone posted this as being the new version of Guile in SSF4...

I could only dream :D

Looks like a gameplay mod of the PC version, like this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

All done in training mode just using Record/Playback where necessary.

Stolen from SRK worthy of the thread though as it's class :)

Ryu combo exhibition video shown at Evolution 2009 and OzHadou Nationals 8 earlier this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ry wrote: »
    Ryu combo exhibition video shown at Evolution 2009 and OzHadou Nationals 8 earlier this year.

third times the charm :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Great vids there Ropedrink, haven't seen many chun players on youtube.

That final round against sagat was brilliant, poor guy never stood a chance :P

Wow, they're really nerfing Sagat's health in Super...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

those chuns are all defensive
    yawwwwwn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Randomly made this a while back when bored.

Placebo wrote: »
    those chuns are all good players
    yawwwwwn.

fixed your post

RopeDrink wrote: »
    This was the first I had seen - Doomy might like.

Wont link no more of those, anyways, they can all be seem on their channel.

That Guile could be hammering that chun, it's usually quite easy to lock her down (40 frame jump see. Keep her out and she's got nothing). She's not doing anything to counteract it either!

good play other than that.

• Advertisement

fixed your post

you sound like those early sf3 fan boys that drew fan art of justin wong, until aggressive players like amir came about. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I notice that ravitz hasn't posted any of the fights wheren I've beaten him!!;) He's good though, one of several excellent Chuns knocking around XBL G1....

lol when I clicked on the video to open up in youtube I noticed the guys profile pic and I thought it was David Sirlin for a sec.

• Advertisement

it is, hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Placebo wrote: »
    you sound like those early sf3 fan boys that drew fan art of justin wong, until aggressive players like amir came about. :rolleyes:

Amir-Ryu is where it's at :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That was an emotional roller-coaster! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There was a Final Fight 2.5D fighter??

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

New "Greatest Tutorial Ever":

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

mr_kyle wrote: »

Go to the gootecks website to download the full thing :P and an extra +25 mins of footage of how Arturo studied Daigo.. and found his weakness apparently

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There was a Final Fight 2.5D fighter??

Final Fight Revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Go to the gootecks website to download the full thing :P and an extra +25 mins of footage of how Arturo studied Daigo.. and found his weakness apparently

You are quite correct. Read that in the information section of the page.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hahaha. No wonder he says American tournys are better than the Jap ones. Must have been a good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

He really looks like a tireless wanderer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

CULTURE UPPERCUT!

Hey guys, shall we head on over to go play in China?

Check out what happens at 00:56

Yeah Dagger G is absolute quality. Think I posted that before but not sure, it's awesome anyway

Yeah Dagger G is absolute quality. Think I posted that before but not sure, it's awesome anyway

Whoops, must of missed it. The entire vid is very impressive, loads more on that channel as well.

• Advertisement

Ah it's ridiculous to expect people to look through an entire 42 page thread before posting a video, plus it'll expose more people to the awesomeness of that whole set (it's all worth watching imo, plus pretty much any other videos of dagger g you can find).

Wow, I hop forward ultra followed by a dash back ultra! Quality

WOW

Want

After you saying this Dagger G guy is someone to have a look at Dreddy I went and gandered and man I am impressed.

In all honesty I don't have much respect for Guile players (No offence Doom :)) but I have to be honest this is impressive stuff!

Also check this out. I wanted to find some of him playing guys we might have heard of at Evo Tournaments or whatever instead of Hawaii tournaments where he seems to be based and I found this of him playing Arturo's Seth which is known to be really tough.

Watch out for Arturo around 3:12. Amazing!

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Why would you have any less respect for a Guile player than you would another character? Just curious... I've great respect for them as they make the best out of a hard deal considering Guile has a very hard time in general. Sure, nobody likes an overly turtle Guile in a fight and it's never impressive to watch, but there are a good few examples of some great aggressive Guiles and I find that more interesting to watch than I ever would a lot of other characters due to it being so rare and difficult to do.

I'm not criticising, by the way, we all think of it differently - I'm just curious as that comment stuck out a mile for me.

Because they bore the hell out of me when I play them online. I know online play is nothing to go by but as it's all there is most of the time that's what I've to go on. Of course it frustrate me sometimes when they get the better of me though at this stage I can deal with them fairly consistently but honestly it's because they don't offer any sort of fight just a set routine that bores me to death whatever the outcome of the fight unfortunately. I like that guy cuz he's got a really good mix of tactics and uses Guile to his full potential really nicely.

I know the same can be said for lots of characters you meet online regularly because scrubs have found a single tactic that works against people more often than not i.e. the majority of Ken's (in G3 or G2 at least) mashing out lagged fierce DP's till you're burnt to death etc but you will always come across people who actually know their character in more depth than the average set play routine and personally I just find that happens the least with Guile players.

Thus my resulting lack of respect for the majority of them. Generalistic of me? Yes but again I'm only going on general online play which is, as I'm well aware, not a lot to go on but all I have to.

its cause guiles a spammer , thats why.

• Advertisement

Right I figure people would be interested in these so I'm stickin them up

SSF4 stuff.

Akuma's new ultra is class I think

Ken's new ultra is well, Ken.

Have to say I'm not mad on Cody at all from what I've seen.

More Secondary Ultras.

Can we keep that stuff to the SSF4 thread? Also akuma's new ultra is so incredibly lame. :pac:

Don't think this one's been posted yet, definitely worth a look

Ry wrote: »
    More Secondary Ultras.

Juri's defeat scream is horrible!

animaX wrote: »
    Juri's defeat scream is horrible!

Yeh the english one is "I'll have my reveeeenge" Which is a bit less annoying solely because you can understand it.

I'm actually trying to find a way to delete the death screams from Viper and Chun cuz they irritate me so much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement