Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTWEA and Rent Allowance

Options
  • 24-05-2011 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

When I applied for the BTWEA I was told by my area partnership contact that I would not be entitled to the rent allowance I was receiving. So when I moved house (shortly after going onto the BTWEA) I did not reapply for rent allowance, thinking it would not be approved.
    Anyway a year later and struggling to pay rent, I heard from a friend that I am entitled. Does anyone know if this is correct?
    DSS don't answer their phones - no matter which office you call:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Effigy wrote: »
    When I applied for the BTWEA I was told by my area partnership contact that I would not be entitled to the rent allowance I was receiving. So when I moved house (shortly after going onto the BTWEA) I did not reapply for rent allowance, thinking it would not be approved.
    Anyway a year later and struggling to pay rent, I heard from a friend that I am entitled. Does anyone know if this is correct?
    DSS don't answer their phones - no matter which office you call:(

When in receipt of BTWEA you still may be able to retain Rent Supplement, if you reapply they will take the BTWEA into consideration when deciding on your entitlement to Rent Supplement,
    if renting for 18months and in receipt of the BTWEA you may also be elgible for the RAS, if accepted on this and still receiving your BTWEA you would retain your Rent Supplement.

Advertisement