Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioscience/Biopharma

Options
  • 03-11-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am considering applying for this course next year as a mature student. Is anyone on this forum studying this course? Just looking for general info on the quality of the course/workload intensity and what sort of jobs are being carried out during placements (I know this can vary a lot but any info is appreciated).
    It seems like there's fairly decent employment opportunities for science grads and I'm particularly interested in the pharma side of things.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1993sm

Hi.

I finshed this course last june. Currently doing futher studies. In terms of workload, there's a bit, you do labs eveyweek usually about 3-4 and for each there a write up thats needs to be doen and handed up. As well as labs you attend class usually 2-3 per subject per week. Id expected to be in college 9-5 mon-frid, but that all depands on what year your in. I found this course good and and the lectures are friendly and helpful. Work placement is up to you to find, you dont do it you dont graduate but you dont need to have it done till the summer of 4th year. Alot of us ended up in the same place for placement and where carrying out lab based jobs in the research sector, a few others secure placment abroad also. Its a good course and the lectures move at a fair pace. if there anything else you want be to tell you just shout !

Advertisement