Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altfest?

Options
  • 08-07-2014 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey Guys :)
    Anyone heading to Altfest this August?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

They were giving away tickets to this at Revolution in The Voodoo Lounge on Sat. Seems like decent lineup if you're into that particular side of things.

1922127_368974363240332_1388555245_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fadegirl

Yeah I think its pretty awesome. Im going to see Marilyn Manson, Cradle of Filth and Arch enemy.. ^_^ Altho dead hearts should be good aswel.. With rest of the bands im not so familiar tho, BUT i believe its going to be a brill festival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Definitely check out Paradise Lost if you're unfamiliar with them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

fadegirl wrote: »
    Hey Guys :)
    Anyone heading to Altfest this August?

I wish! Can't seem to do more than one fest but the one I did do Arch Enemy were at it and think they were actually better with the new front woman breathed new life into them I'd go as far to say. Amen have the potential to be good craic and Dave Lombardo has joined them on drums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Yeah - can't wait! :)

Should be all sorts of fun! Just trying to organise transfers from Luton Airport to Kettering is a proper pain in the rear :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Passenger wrote: »
    Definitely check out Paradise Lost if you're unfamiliar with them. ;)

I would love to see them :(
    Someday. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Nope, but between Fields of the Nephilim, Satyricon and Cradle of Filth, I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could afford it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Yeah - can't wait! :)

Should be all sorts of fun! Just trying to organise transfers from Luton Airport to Kettering is a proper pain in the rear :/
    Not that bad there is a "direct" train from Luton Airport to Kettering (short bus ride from airport to train station), just check times with the National Rail journey planner (LUA to KET) and the site says there is a shuttle bus from the train station/hotels

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Not that bad there is a "direct" train from Luton Airport to Kettering (short bus ride from airport to train station), just check times with the National Rail journey planner (LUA to KET) and the site says there is a shuttle bus from the train station/hotels

I've been trying it for the past 2 weeks, anytime it comes to payment, it won't take any of my cards - frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I've been trying it for the past 2 weeks, anytime it comes to payment, it won't take any of my cards - frustrating!

I booked my train tickets here last night.

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/

• Advertisement

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    I booked my train tickets here last night.

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/

Thanks very much!

I'll give that a proper look later on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hearing news that this festival has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales

scudzilla wrote: »

No official word though but supposedly some bands have been notified.

http://metalmouth.net/2014/07/alt-fest-cancelled-if-its-gone-it-wont-come-back-they-havent-got-the-resources

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

scudzilla wrote: »

It was not ticket sales, there was only a few hundred left.

No official word from the festival yet but a lot of bands coming out now and saying they've received emails about it being cancelled.

Edited to add that Marilyn Manson has cancelled now. Still no official statement from Altfest but I guess that's official enough...

Yeah it wasn't ticket sales it seems but some other factor??. Marilyn Manson has it as cancelled on their facebook events page anyway...

Very strange way of working things!

Wondering what happened, only earlier in the day they were on about transport for people and announcing stage times and site maps.

Was really looking forward to it 'n' all!

EDit: Combichrist announced its cancelled on Facebook now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Marilyn Manson's website had the date, then cancelled, then back on again, now cancelled

Don't know what I'm supposed to do with flights and a hotel in the arse end of nowhere now :pac:. Train to London is cheap enough, might go there.

Know the feeling, though I don't even have a hotel booked. I'll camp outside your hotel, ok? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh man, that's horrible :( So sorry for everyone who's got things booked for it

• Advertisement

There still isn't any word from the organisers about this. I know they might have some legal stuff to deal with but a simple "Yes, its cancelled, statement coming" would do. They also posted that the first batch of wristbands had been posted last week (1000s apparently...) and not one person has received one. That tells me they've known for a while and that's a straight up lie. The organisers are well known in London for Club Antichrist, so can't imagine its a scam, but lies have been told...unless those wristbands turn up and I am proved wrong, that it is indeed some last minute unforeseen circumstance.

They do huge parties it seems and have tried organising some other, smaller stuff that also fell through in the past.

I really feel for people who helped with the kickstarter campaign, bought tickets, bought glamping, merchandise, organised ALL travel (planes, trains, buses) and also the special "close as possible to performer" ticket for extra £50 - 100.

So many rumours going about, such as; the guy spreading the emails was fired months ago and is taking revenge and the other two confirming it are Bloodstock organisers trying to kill it off :pac::pac:

Hopefully an announcement soon and refunds issued, if cancellation is the case.

There are people saying they have received emails from Tangerine Fields about their tents and it says they are getting a refund. A friend of mine received his wristband today as well so seems they did send them out. Haha those rumours are hilarious, I think people are just clinging on to any wee thing that they can in the hope that it'll go ahead.

I just seen a lad put a picture on Twitter of his ticket, wristband and camper van thingie.

And then Tangerine are now doing refunds with an announcement from the organisers next week - should be earlier/this week I think.

Tangerine Fields are sending out refunds today apparently. Also rumours a statement is due today, rather than next week like Tangerine have said/been told. Seems the organisers are out of town based on FB posts from people.

Someone called Clubtickets today and they will not be dealing with the refunds. It's up to AF organisers themselves to give them to us. I'm not going to hold my breath!

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Someone called Clubtickets today and they will not be dealing with the refunds. It's up to AF organisers themselves to give them to us. I'm not going to hold my breath!

Yikes!!! :eek:

I know Clubtickets has a refund policy if an event is cancelled;
    f your event is cancelled or postponed, please get in touch and we will be able to assist you once we have received authorisation from the promoter or venue.

As long as they do cancel it and don't downsize it into a day out or something .

Suppose it would be the best time for Dom and Missy to be out of town :P

Clubtickets might only refund tickets bought directly from them and not the ones bought via Kickstarter and transferred over. Really have no idea. They might be out of town but Dom had enough time and the means of communication to post that before he deleted it so a simple word to the people who backed and funded it with their own money wouldn't have been impossible. I'm annoyed at how we are the last to be told considering they relied on us backers to get things moving to begin with.

I agree; they're handling it all very poorly.

I get that they're probably up to their eyeballs with legal mumbo jumbo and tearing their hair out, but even some of the bands don't know what's going on and are trying to stay positive.

People who backed it, have paid and coming from all over the world have a right to know! Kinda destroying their own reputations.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Flight €30 - non refundable (Session in Birmingham anyone?)
    Train £30 - £18.50 is refundable!
    Hotel £220 - Refundable/was pay when you arrive
    Ticket £70 - Going to raise Chargeback with bank if refund is not easy with organisers.
    Hunter wellies Too much (Im a dope) - They'll do for next time.

:( I wanted to get my dance on at the industrial stage.

• Advertisement

Our flights are into Birmingham too. Trying to see if there is anything on there the same weekend and cancelling our hotel and booking somewhere in Birmingham instead.

Dom has posted on his personal Facebook saying that they are working flat out on a statement.

Advertisement