Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Twitter

Options
  • 23-07-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

It seems Twitter is a big deal for UFC. Who's worth following?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

None really tbh. I follow loads of them and the majority of them use twitter for promotional purposes and to plug their sponsors all day every day.
    Every now and then, they'll post something interesting but most of it is just crap.

Follow Ariel Helwani as he tweets breaking news and he'll also tweet all the action from weigh-ins and pressers.
    Follow MMAJunkie and MMAfighting.com as they'll tweet interesting articles and breaking news too. Download their apps if you have a smartphone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

+1 to Ariel Helwani and MMAjunkie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

In the run up to the fight with Conor, Diego was constantly retweeting pics of some fairly daycent Brazillian women.

Just sayin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

In the run up to the fight with Conor, Diego was constantly retweeting pics of some fairly daycent Brazillian women.

Just sayin :cool:

That's nice, but let's just say the fight wasn't the only thing I was getting excited about during the weekend's card. Uncle Creepy especially. And I have Bermudez to look forward to next weekend. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Mmajunkie is the only place i use anyway. Even though im not too interested in the ramblings of ben fowles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

DP is worth following with now along with McG obviously for the trash talk build up !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

adamski8 wrote: »
    Mmajunkie is the only place i use anyway. Even though im not too interested in the ramblings of ben fowles

He's the most annoying mma journalist out there.

Zombieprophet is good to follow, he throws up gifs almost instantly for some of the smaller mma organisations. Tommy toe hold is also good to follow and his videos are pretty funny (if getting slightly oversaturated).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

MMA Roasted - absolutely hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Dana's good to follow, he responds to ****-talkers sometimes which can be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Easy Rod wrote: »
    He's the most annoying mma journalist out there.

Zombieprophet is good to follow, he throws up gifs almost instantly for some of the smaller mma organisations. Tommy toe hold is also good to follow and his videos are pretty funny (if getting slightly oversaturated).

Would take a lot to beat gareth a davies and ben blackmore

Who to follow: Ariel Helwani, Mma Junkie and Dana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

unknown13 wrote: »
    Would take a lot to beat gareth a davies and ben blackmore

Who to follow: Ariel Helwani, Mma Junkie and Dana

For some reason Gareth A Davies always seems like he's bull****ting about whatever he's saying. Something about the way he speaks, if he said Conor was Irish I'd have trouble believing him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Edsonbarboza

Ariel Helwani is the best Journalist going hes not afraid to ask the questions that need answering especially to Dana who hates him,and the severe mma lads here in Ireland are a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ariel Helwani is the best Journalist going hes not afraid to ask the questions that need answering especially to Dana who hates him.

Dana doesn't hate Helwani, Helwani started the whole post fight press conference media scrum with Dana, which has now evolved into loads of journalists gathering around asking Dana.

Is Helwani the best journalist in the game? I don't think so, he does ask some tough questions but he also tries to stir trouble; Conor / Norman for instance.

In my eyes John Morgan of MMA Junkie is the best journalist in the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tower08

I follow a lot of the fighters, mostly all of the mma journalists (except for Gareth A Davies) but I only go on twitter during a live event.
    During the live events its pretty good and imo when its most beneficial.
    I just keep up with MMA news via mmajunkie app & boards rather than twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Helwani, MMA Junkie, SevereMMA and Gareth A Davies are the only ones worth following imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ThePhilip

Nate Diaz is worth it just to see the hashtags he uses. #breakbread #entrepreneur #idontgivea****

Advertisement