Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps Updated Satellite Imagery

Options
  • 28-09-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭

As the title says, there's a huge upgrade in satellite imagery for many areas, including Ireland.

Full details from Android Police

Some really high quality - I can nearly see in my front window!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

When will maps come out of beta, or is that a more or less permanent thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Still nothing for Celbridge, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Still nothing for Celbridge, ffs.

Nor Letterkenny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I hate this 45° lark. I don't think that's what proper mapping should be about. Google just seem to be caught up in what Bing have been doing for a while, and more recently, Apple. Hopefully, there's choice in what to view, going into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Amalgam wrote: »
    I hate this 45° lark. I don't think that's what proper mapping should be about. Google just seem to be caught up in what Bing have been doing for a while, and more recently, Apple. Hopefully, there's choice in what to view, going into the future.

You don't have to look at the satellite imagery - just use the maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Haven't updated Dun Laoghaire. Still at least 2/3 years old. I know 'cause I can see things in my back garden that are gone a long long time.
    As the title says, there's a huge upgrade in satellite imagery for many areas, including Ireland.

Full details from Android Police

Some really high quality - I can nearly see in my front window!

Advertisement