Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google maps (.ie)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Yeah. The first time you opened the maps it asked you if you wanted to open it in a browser or in maps. If you chose browser and ticked the default then it'll never ask you again. Go into the browser app settings and clear the defaults. The next time you open the ie link it'll ask you if you want to use a browser or the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

It asks every time, maps is no in the list for ie

201926.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

I've noticed this as well, did you report a problem? It a pain in the ass.

That's not normal. You also seem to be missing the "Use by default .." option.

Here's how it should look.

3QYaxGgIGQTUHibL4zhiKr

What phone have you got and are you using a stock ROM?

• Advertisement

It's only on maps though, I have the normal options on others.
    Except you tube now that I think of it.
    I'm using check rom on sgs 2

hmmm

201956.png

if I open in stock (non default) browser it let's me set a default, but I have to choose a browser only.

Mick, are you clicking the first or we second link I posted?

Ah yes, I'm sorry. When I click the ie one on my phone (HTC Sensation) it only goes to the browser. I've cleared the defaults and it's still doing it.

When I initially replied last night I was on my tablet (Xoom) and both links open the Maps app. I'm running ICS on both devices. It is weird.

Ah yes, I'm sorry. When I click the ie one on my phone it only goes to the browser. I've cleared the defaults and it's still doing it.

When I initially replied last night I was on my tablet and both links open the Maps app. I'm running ICS on both devices. It is weird.

SGN 4.0.4 doing it as well.

• Advertisement

So I'm not imagining it!
    What next then? I can't seem to find a fix online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I thought it was just a case that the localised versions of google don't (.ie) don't trigger the app start whilst browsing in android, but the generic version (.com) would work.

However, having tried it out on UK (.co.uk) and Australia (.com.au) google sites, it does indeed call for the app to start.

I'm not sure if it's been designed that way, but maybe you'd need to ask Google for an anwser? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Only noticed this today. Really annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

4.0.4. created a few issues with the stock browser too.

touch.facebook.com causes XML errors (can anyone confirm)
    also m.facebook.com is a low quality text version, not the nice app-like version that used to load prior to 4.0.4 update.

Both the above links work fine in the Chrome browser on Android 4.0.4. Issue only affecting stock browser.

Can anyone confirm its not just my phone. Cheers.

Advertisement