Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google maps on Android adds rerouting to their navigation

• 07-03-2011 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Rerouting based on traffic etc.
    Given Google's omniscience (eg it gets data from number of phone users in a location apparently), should be interesting to see how this competes with traffic management efforts from traditional satnav software outfits.

Edit: original article here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Will this work in Ireland.

My gues would be no as our TMC services here are non existent. Id love to be proved wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Hogzy wrote: »
    Will this work in Ireland.

My gues would be no as our TMC services here are non existent. Id love to be proved wrong though

I don't think it uses TMC- it's just data over the phone network.
    I've always felt there has been a dearth of options when it comes to Ireland in the area of satnav traffic management, both via TMC and phone data connection.
    They always felt like an after thought.
    I get the feeling this could shake things up a bit, given google's instinctive nosiness, i mean omniscience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

To the best of my knowledge, google does not have traffic info for ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

To the best of my knowledge, google does not have traffic info for ireland.

Looks like its not available in Ireland yet as this Map shows it in only a few European countries so far

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&om=1&layer=t&ie=UTF8&ll=42.811522,-45&spn=112.07375,315&z=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is traffic info for the greater Dublin area (typical).
    When you use Navigator you can see certain sections of roads can be red or yellow or green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

There is traffic info for the greater Dublin area (typical).
    When you use Navigator you can see certain sections of roads can be red or yellow or green.

lol this is probably just a guy in the Google offices keeping an eye on the Dublin traffic cameras.

Advertisement