Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps is eating my battery life

Options
  • 04-01-2011 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that Google Maps keeps running in the background on my HTC Wildfire (running Froyo). It's consuming 30-40% of my battery life per day and thats without using it. I've done a force stop on it a few times but it just comes back up. Any idea what could be causing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

do you use google latitude at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I don't, but I may have clicked on it once accidentally. Could that be it?

i use google latitude and i have the widget active too which constantly runs.

you could also try going to this "menu - settings - location" and unticking the options in case that's effecting it.

it's just a guess though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I've done that previously, both wireless and gps are turned off. It seems to be doing some background tasks regardless.

There was some talk that google maps 5.0 would pre-load map tiles when it was idle. Could that be it?

• Advertisement

menu - more - cache settings

then try untick "prefect on mobile".

Advertisement