Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator

• 16-11-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know a good site to watch Bellator? The streams Bellator.com and spike tv.com wont work in ireland and the uk, same goes with links on sherdog and the UG ect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It is probably illegal to watch here for rights reasons.

However, if it was not, I would probably advise using a VPN or a proxie. If it IS illegal then I wouldn't suggest that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Bellator have rebranded changing their name from Bellator fighting Championships to Bellator MMA; they really seem to be cracking the whip and trying to make themselves a legitamite contender to the UFC. They've just launched a new Spike Programme, look set to compete with the UFC fo Alvarez and have forbade Babalu from helping out in TUF Brazil.

They've signed some really talented fighters, anyone else excited for their new season and debut on Spike? Anyone think we'll see it on TV over here soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

They matched the UFCs offer to Alvarez so it'll be interesting to see who he picks.
    I'd love if a TV channel over here picked up Bellator. Some great fights in that organisation. And I think they shuffled around the way their tournaments work too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Some really good fights and I like the tournie format.

But if they try to go up against UFC it's a big mistake. They'll never be as big and will never be able to compete with them.

Forbidding Babalu helping out in TUF is really bad form IMO.

Also, Eddie Alvarez is wasting himself staying at Bellator any longer. if he wants to compete at the top level he needs to fight in the UFC.

The only Lightweights outside of Zuffa who are even worth talking about are Alvarez, Aoki and Michael Chandler (and perhaps McGregor if you could call him a proper lightweight).

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

MrStuffins wrote: »

The only Lightweights outside of Zuffa who are even worth talking about are Alvarez, Aoki and Michael Chandler (and perhaps McGregor if you could call him a proper lightweight).

Rick Hawn is pretty damn good. He's fighting Chandler on the 17th, so obviously we'll have a better idea of where he stands after that.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But if they try to go up against UFC it's a big mistake. They'll never be as big and will never be able to compete with them.

A little competition can only be a good thing though. It may make the UFC change around a few things to keep the fans on board.
    I think you're right though, Bellator will never get big enough to challenge the UFC.
    If they ever do get too big, then the UFC will just buy Bellator and slowly wind it up. That's how they roll.

Problem I see with Bellator is same with Strikeforce. I think their champions won't face solid enough competition to ever make a claim for number one in the world. What is Ben Askren going to achieve fighting Nick Thompson.

At the same time Curran, Hawn, Askren, Ferie brothers, Chandler they've a decent roster.

They've had some great finishes such as Brian Rogers. Would love to see more British/ Irish guys fight there.

Xlami wrote: »
    Problem I see with Bellator is same with Strikeforce. I think their champions won't face solid enough competition to ever make a claim for number one in the world. What is Ben Askren going to achieve fighting Nick Thompson.

At the same time Curran, Hawn, Askren, Ferie brothers, Chandler they've a decent roster.

They've had some great finishes such as Brian Rogers. Would love to see more British/ Irish guys fight there.

I'd love to see some of those guys face some UFC guys. Especially Chandler and Curran.
    One fighter I really don't like is Askren. It's not him personally but just his wet blanket lay and pray style of fighting. It'd bore you to tears. GSP would destroy him, and I think he'd struggle against s lot of the WW division in the UFC.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

El Guapo! wrote: »
    One fighter I really don't like is Askren. It's not him personally but just his wet blanket lay and pray style of fighting. It'd bore you to tears. GSP would destroy him, and I think he'd struggle against s lot of the WW division in the UFC.

Ironically, I just came across this photo today

XDN2Dnx_display_image.jpg?1359084795

I must be one of the few people who enjoy watching him fight, I also enjoy watching Jon Fitch. While I agree it's not the most fantastic or exciting style of fighting the skill level is as high as an incredible kickboxer. He's been training with Duke Roufus for almost a year now and I have seen developments in his stand up but he just sticks to what he's good at.

Speaking of kickboxing, Michael Page. The English kickboxer if you haven't seen his knockouts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFu5iOhv9LQ) has signed with Bellator and I didn't realise. Interesting to see how he gets on over there. Not sure about the level of competition he's faced but an incredible fighter asthetically anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I checked out some of Page's other videos. The guy is nuts. Really want to see more of him

Some big finishes last night in Bellator

bellator 90 highlights

there are spoilers all over the link, fyi,

From the event last night

1-56.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bellator 122 prelims were great viewing. Some outstanding finishes. Well worth a watch if you have the means.

Advertisement