Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing some research

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know this has been posted plenty of times, so Mods can feel free to move it to the right location or make it a sticky.

Now that I am officially a graduate with a very good result (Thanks to everyone who tested my software), I am curious to see in general terms what the graduate salaries are for:
    • .Net developers
    • Erlang developers
    • Graduate developers in general
    • Working for a start up
    • Multinational cooperation
    • Research and Development
    • Multinational cooperation
    • Anything else I am missing

Others
    • Are training generally given to a graduate

I know I left it late but I just wanted few weeks break to be refreshed. Also I had to plan out where I might have to relocate to and how much rents are in those area etc. Finally does results and portfolio compensate for lack of experience?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Eh... just trawl the job sites to get an idea, any information other than that will just be anecdotal.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Read the IT section of this survey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Finally does results and portfolio compensate for lack of experience?

Not really. A really good portfolio with substantial contributions to significant projects might, a little. But they are good for making you stand out from the people who don't have them.

Advertisement