Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Why do people continue to quote the Daily Fail is beyond me :s

___

Ba to Chelsea it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Chelsea are using £7m of the £12m we are giving them for Sturridge to buy Demba Ba!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sure his knees will explode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

monkey9 wrote: »
    Chelsea are using £7m of the £12m we are giving them for Sturridge to buy Demba Ba!! :(

Well, I'm off to pretty much kill myself. Hope the match goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mike65 wrote: »
    Sure his knees will explode!

With goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sure if Liverpool went in for Ba they would still pay £12M for him the club do not seem to have a good transfer negotiator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

djPSB wrote: »
    Cheer up lads.

32653529.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ba has a release clause so anyone can bid £7m for him. Problem is when a club like chelsea come in for him we have no chance even if we do bid for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

anyone seen the rumour that Rodgers sanctioned the Agger sale and planned to buy Tate from Swansea as his replacement and use the cash further up the pitch! good old Tate ended up on loan at Leeds, even by our standards that would have been a bad signing - Koncheskey esque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

With the same squad (plus some of Rodgers own signings) we're worse off than last year under Kenny. Surely if Kenny wasn't good enough...........

That argument drives me up the wall, so what because in some people's eyes Kenny was given the shaft prematurely we should do the same with Rodgers (after 6 months versus Kenny 18months) out of some of misguided sense of fairness to Kenny? is that anyway to run or support a football club??.

Surely if you're to take that argument/comparison to its logical conclusion Rodgers has to be given a Kennyesque 18 months to see if he too can achieve the lofty heights of 8th and have 2 cup runs and one trophy that so many of you believe should have earned Kenny more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

ManOnFire wrote: »
    anyone seen the rumour that Rodgers sanctioned the Agger sale and planned to buy Tate from Swansea as his replacement and use the cash further up the pitch! good old Tate ended up on loan at Leeds, even by our standards that would have been a bad signing - Koncheskey esque

This is most certaintly bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why put something up like that to criticise the manager without any basis on fact?

This is most certaintly bull****

could well be but thats according to Duncan Castles, freelance journo who writes for the times among others. Makes you wonder tho if The Rodgers is capable in the transfer market

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Is Suarez playing today ?
    I know he was limping after the stoke game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That argument drives me up the wall, so what because in some people's eyes Kenny was given the shaft prematurely we should do the same with Rodgers (after 6 months versus Kenny 18months) out of some of misguided sense of fairness to Kenny? is that anyway to run or support a football club??.

Surely if you're to take that argument/comparison to its logical conclusion Rodgers has to be given a Kennyesque 18 months to see if he too can achieve the lofty heights of 8th and have 2 cup runs and one trophy that so many of you believe should have earned Kenny more time.

I wouldn't be so flippant. The way things are going 8th may well be seen as lofty heights.

Surely the idea is to replace an outgoing manager with someone better for the job? So it should stand to reason that with the same squad plus adding a few of his own players he should be doing better than the manager that was underperforming?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why put something up like that to criticise the manager without any basis on fact?

its no criticism of the manager, im on the side of giving the man time, just wanted to know what ppl thought is all. Some are very touchy in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What we need today is a win and the new thread

its no criticism of the manager, im on the side of giving the man time, just wanted to know what ppl thought is all. Some are very touchy in here!

Nothing to do with being touchy,but how can people discuss something that is most likely not true, never happened and is obviously stupid if it did?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

What we need today is a win and the new thread

Well we have gone past 10k posts so new thread should be on the way. Hopefully a win is on the way as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Posting something as stupid as that with no source and which is more than likely bull is fishing for a rise. Pathetic. Anyone who believes that needs to get the ould head checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cannot believe we spent 11m on Borini. The idiot has achieved as much on the injury table as he did on the pitch. No conviction, no heart, no talent.

Seems to sum us up completely over the last 20 years. Buying muppets and giving them huge wages, while other clubs buy players for a fraction of the price and they turn out great. Hurts me to say it but look at Everton.

2nd place Mr.Rodgers ? I will be happy when we get to 40 points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

BBC
    Joe Allen, Jordan Henderson and Raheem Sterling return to the Liverpool starting line-up against QPR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

ebbsy wrote: »
    Cannot believe we spent 11m on Borini. The idiot has achieved as much on the injury table as he did on the pitch. No conviction, no heart, no talent.

Seems to sum us up completely over the last 20 years. Buying muppets and giving them huge wages, while other clubs buy players for a fraction of the price and they turn out great. Hurts me to say it but look at Everton.

Wow, who is this guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lucas dropped. It was coming, been horrible to watch him.
    Allen will be nicely refreshed now, i expect a good game from him.

• Advertisement

Shut up.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Posting something as stupid as that with no source and which is more than likely bull is fishing for a rise. Pathetic. Anyone who believes that needs to get the ould head checked.

not at all, and if you read my next post you would see the source it came from. It was a genuine post to see had anyone any knowledge of it, as likely to be true as untrue . if you remember back to the time it was widely reported that rodgers was tempted by the agger cash and we know he likes to use players hes worked with previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Holy god. This thread had been painful reading over the last few days but this post takes the biscuit. Say what you like about Borini's ability, although personally I think its far too early to judge (have people learned nothing from Lucas' rise through the ranks?), but you can't fault the guys attitude, heart or commitment.

Football fans these days are like spoiled children. Throwing their toys out of their pram if they don't get what they want immediately. Moan moan moan. Jesus Christ.

He may turn out to be a bad signing, he may turn out to be a good signing, noone knows. He's 21-years-old and has played a grand total of 11 times for Liverpool - some of them substitute appearances. And it's not his fault he got injured.

I may just have to bow out of this thread.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Shut up.

Make me. I bet you can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That may be satire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

like the Fulham game...this is must win.

end of.

I'll fight you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm actually sick of this... Rodgers never said he was aiming for 2nd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tusky wrote: »
    Holy god. This thread had been painful reading over the last few days but this post takes the biscuit. Say what you like about Borini's ability, although personally I think its far too early to judge (have people learned nothing from Lucas' rise through the ranks?), but you can't fault the guys attitude, heart or commitment.

Football fans these days are like spoiled children. Throwing their toys out of their pram if they don't get what they want immediately. Moan moan moan. Jesus Christ.

He may turn out to be a bad signing, he may turn out to be a good signing, noone knows. He's 21-years-old and has played a grand total of 11 times for Liverpool - some of them substitute appearances. And it's not his fault he got injured.

I may just have to bow out of this thread.

Go ahead.

SlickRic wrote: »
    like the Fulham game...this is must win.

end of.

For Rodgers ?

Close the thread mods.

Put it out of its misery.

We'll need a new one for after the game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Here's a gif that makes no sense thus summing up this thread.

gifstache.com_1793_1347156006.gif

Go ahead.

Wow, you've really come here to make friends haven't you?

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm actually sick of this... Rodgers never said he was aiming for 2nd place.

We might get to 50 points mate, but no more than that, if we win today I will be very surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We might get to 50 points mate, but no more than that, if we win today I will be very surprised.

But we'll have come second in the game....win/win.

I bet that if we win today you won't be seen til the next game.

Look at the wuffins!

FgyUM.gif

/Awaits new thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This evening will be fun.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I like TUSKY and HEFFERBOI.

If we can't beat anybody in a match we might as well get stuck into each other. Anybody coming in throwing a few digs is fine by me.

I like TUSKY and HEFFERBOI.

If we can't beat anybody in a match we might as well get stuck into each other. Anybody coming in throwing a few digs is fine by me.

Your mother is a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

According to the BBC, Rodgers is sick, and won't be attending the match.

Knex. wrote: »
    Your mother is a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

True.

daRobot wrote: »
    According to the BBC, Rodgers is sick, and won't be attending the match.

We might win then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

This thread is over 10k now. I'll make another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement