Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps Android 4.04

Options
  • 11-04-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi

I go abroad often and I would like to be able to download maps for a city in Google maps before I leave ireland.

I have used the cache option in Google maps several times however, when I am abroad, I encounter problems loading the Google maps app and the map that was cached is no longer available. However if I go on the Wifi while abroad and then cache the map there and then, the cached map works fine when I have no data connection.

This is strange as I normally cache the map while at the airport in Ireland and just before leaving.

I have a Samsung galaxy nexus running android 4.04 and I have Google maps version 6.5.0

If anyone has encountered the above issues and has found a solution, I would appreciate if you would let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have htc sensation with latest os and latest maps
    im finding too that cached maps seem to disappear randomly for no apparent reason

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I'm also finding that the gps takes a very long time to fix the position without agps which is very annoying.

Advertisement