Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did she Miscarry?

Options
  • 26-01-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

My other half just rang me quite upset.
    Her last period was xmas week. 22- 28 December roughly
    She had a little spotting last night and was expecting her period.
    Today she was on toilet and what seemed like a large blood cloth came out. She felt pressure inside like something pushing to come out?
    We have been intimate in this period but not in last 2 weeks. So preg is possible. But could you get a large blood cloth like this in 4 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are you trying to conceive? If so could be a missed miscarriage, think that's what it's called. But also could be just a really heavy period. Might be worth checking with the doc just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

It's possible, though by no means certain. Very early miscarriages are usually indistinguishable from an unusually heavy period.

Some women experience clotting during periods even when there is zero possibility of pregnancy, I know that I have in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

She said it was enough to block the toilet! Hmmm I think she just got a fright thats all. I just didnt think you could get anything that big after 4 weeks. Shes fine now. thanks:)
    Im thinking in the panic she was using toilet roll and that helped block it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

The poor girl! Glad to hear that she's ok now. Sounds like she could do with a bit of spoiling this evening.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If she passed a clot larger than a 2 euro coin she should go to her GP ASAP. A certain amount of clotting can be normal but a large one as described is very unusual. A miscarriage of 2 weeks shouldn't be hugely different to a heavy period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

thanks for all your advice:)
    panic over shes fine

Advertisement