Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever get jealous of rich people?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Now I don't mean people who have an extra 100€ in their pockets, I mean those insanely rich people like Abramovich/rich oil sheiks, or to keep it close to home that Sean Dunne fella? Have you seen his house? Actually nevermind that, have you seen his WIFE? One word - dinger.

So anyway, be honest...ever jealous of people who are filthy rich?

(The attached pic shows Dunne, his wife, and the house)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No. The heads on most of them.

Nice wife though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Only the ones with the insanely hot gold-digging mistresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lovely wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

no big house high cost in heating
    fast car's insurance bill's
    Maintance
    tax
    wife and her shoe collection.

Never notice when your driving around perticuarly rich parts of dublin its quite regular to see a very old volvo parked out side the house?
    the house cost so much to heat they can't afford a decent car so il say no...

Keeping up with the jones's becomes so boring after a few years to .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Anyone who says no is lying...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

YES!

*shuffles back to sleep in cardboard box*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yeah I'd hate to have so much money that I'd never need to worry about it again.

How could I be jealous of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

zero19 wrote: »

I would agree with that....or actually, "anyone who says no is slightly
    lyiing"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

zero19 wrote: »
    I don't get jealous.
    I aspire to have their wealth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

of the incredibly wealthy? Honestly, no. But of those who earn twice what I do and have a lot of luxuries and time to enjoy them - yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I would love to have no mortage and I would love to be able to give a lot of money to charity. So yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The dream for me is not to be filthy rich but to have a job I enjoy that gives me just more than the average amount of holidays with enough of a salary that I can do nice things on them holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Jealous? No.
    Aspire to it. Yes.

I'd love to have the money to spend all the time I have doing the things I want to do for myself, not working for anyone else or being a slave to the working rat race.

I'd love to be mortgage free and have enough money to move back home to Ireland and not worry about what jobs are available and what part of the country those jobs are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

But are they happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Not everyone you see in flash houses, cars and living the life are rich. It depends on how much they owe the banks, other creditors and even their mates. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0113/1231738220116.html

Money is a means to an end . Who wouldnt want a life having plenty of it ,without having to worry about bills and having the freedom to go were you wish and do what you want ,whenever you want .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Of course.

I want to be rich enough to have a bathroom where the toilet doesn't face the door. Also a walk-in shoe room.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't get jealous.
    I aspire to have their wealth.
    r3nu4l wrote: »
    Jealous? No.
    Aspire to it. Yes.

+1

I don't think I've ever been a jealous person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Not really, I am jealous of those who can afford to fcuk off out of Ireland for the next twenty years, and not worry about the recession. Or those who can stay here, and not be affected by it. Basically, the security of being rich is nice, but not the materialism. Or the hot wife.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

I mean, who wouldn't like to have a nice amount of money so they can lead a nice and carefree lifestyle? I know I would, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable having that much money.

Last night I was watching some crappy show on E! about the richest billionair heiresses in the world (and we are talking about serious cash here, anything from 10 billion dollars and upwards) and got thinking that at some point I'd start feeling guilty for having so much money while most of the world population has shag all. Call it pyschosis, Catholic guilt or whatever, but I don't think I could handle that kind of lifestyle. I think you end up being some kind of prisoner in that sort of social/economic circle because you dont mingle with regular folks and live in a completely different reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Who was it that said:

"An American sees a flash car outside a fancy house and says to himself, 'some day I'm going to be like that guy' "

"An Irish person sees a flash car outside a fancy house and says to himself, 'some day I'm gonna get that b**tard!' "

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Neesa wrote: »
    Of course.

I want to be rich enough to have a bathroom where the toilet doesn't face the door. Also a walk-in shoe room.

There are quite a few builders twiddling their thumbs at the moment - no job too small.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Jealous? No.
    Aspire to it. Yes.

I'd love to have the money to spend all the time I have doing the things I want to do for myself, not working for anyone else or being a slave to the working rat race.

I'd love to be mortgage free and have enough money to move back home to Ireland and not worry about what jobs are available and what part of the country those jobs are in.

Sums it up for me.

I've worked amid some extremely very rich and hand on my heart, for all they possessions that they own and the more money they have, the more they worry hourly that its going to be taken from them. I've seen a lot more infighting amid them, more bickering about who has what and spite filled discussions about (inflated false delusions of) grandeur and class than among the ordinary people.
    The extreme rich in fact seem a whole lot unhappier.

I've known other extremely rich folk that have in their words 'seen the light' and said to themselves "frak, I don't need all this cash/stuff" and gradually off loaded a good deal of it.

Would I like to be extremely rich, no.
    Comfortable to be able to say a mortgage, food or gas bill etc will never be a worry ever again and keep a roof over my family's head?
    Aye, that would be nice. Who wouldn't want at least that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mo money mo problems....

Them's the kind of problems i'd like to have.

Advertisement