Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus Group Questions

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I have to do a Focus Group in college on in game advertising...
    Any help?Any suggestions for questions would be greatly appreciated.. :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As this is AH...

Q. If the wife is battering me around the head with the frying pan for playing too much, do I put down the joystick, ignore the adverts and give her flowers or do I put down the joystick and go the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Call everyone 'f****ts' when they start going over the top with their 'awesome' ideas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Biggins wrote: »
    do I put down the joystick and give her flowers or do I put down the joystick and go the pub?

You could beat her into submission with your joystick?

You could beat her into submission with your joystick?

Its a BIG one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

kerno wrote: »

Some questions:

1. On a scale of 1 - 2, exactly how big a pack of c-units are EA? (Ans=2)

2. "Have you ever considered anything other than a virtual life"?

3. "Video game piracy. Its cheap and easy, good times! Its gonna rape the industry therefore leading to no new games, bad times!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

BOOM absolutely HEADSHOT !

nonono !!!

bring back the Atari Lynx !

Do you feel the insertion of adverts, subliminal or more obvious, are an un-necessary interference in the game and if so, would they be considered to guilty also of spoiling your game play?

Does the adverts take capitalism too far?

Does in game advertising provide an opportunity for younger children to become more social aware of their monetary environment or does it just make them more aware of the commercial side of life and the items that they could be lacking in their life that might provide supposed fulfilment?

Would the prossie thats hiding under the bed from the wife, actually come out from there just to see a game advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Read the bit about Focus group and thought it was a motors related thread, Then realised i was on after hours, Im sorry but i dont know what a focus group is, please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

That's more for those mindless marketing people who get to choose between 12 different types of moodily lit toothpaste.

I'm sure there's plenty of questions about which advertising media to use, TV adverts, game conventions, PC magazines, free demos, dedicated websites, sponsoring sci-fi / target market audience programmes/events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Advertisement