Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red dress

• 28-10-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a red dress for going out but haven't seen one I like yet. Some are too bright red (bit cheap looking). I would like something that is not dry clean only. Any suggestions?

I'm 33, slim, petite and won't go braless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Do not know if this is OK for you but I love this. It is a bit small on the bust for me and I do wear it with a belt but it is quirky and cute - would be a size 8 and 5ft 1in. It has been washed in the washing machine (I have 2 little ones). Oh, I am 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Do not know if this is OK for you but I love this. It is a bit small on the bust for me and I do wear it with a belt but it is quirky and cute - would be a size 8 and 5ft 1in. It has been washed in the washing machine (I have 2 little ones). Oh, I am 38.

There is no link or photo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

mood wrote: »
    There is no link or photo!
    Sorry!:o
    Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Sorry!:o
    Here

It's nice but not my style.

But thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭odonopenmic

Maybe try in Julien in the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre?

Usually it's a bid sequins and glitz for my taste but I got a gorgeous red dress in there a while back. I know what you mean about getting the right red - this was spot on. Really deep, nearly bricky red.

The style was slinky - think pencil skirt type bottom. Boyfriend's eyes nearly popped out of his skull when he saw me in it :o It's knee length, not revealing or anything (so deffo will work with bra) but sophisticatedly sexy. I've worn it on nights out, at weddings etc. and it works eveytime.

The brand is Diva and looking on the Julien website they have other dresses by same - not quite the same as mine but similar ballpark. A lot of their stuff also comes in different colours so if you see some of the blue ones in the link, they also come in red.

Fabric was really good quality and machine washable - downside, it cost 120 euro but it's a good investment IMO.

Good luck - nothing like a red dress to bring a smile to the lips and a pep in the step! :)
    http://www.julienboutique.com/brands/201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Try A-wear - their website have some lovely red dresses at the moment.
    (I love the lace pencil dress!)

Advertisement